Current Situation in Bahrain

Dear All,

Can anyone please let me know what s the current situation in Bahrain? Is life is back to normal? We are relocating to Bahrain shortly.

Plz help me on the details about the lifestyle for indians. Want to know the cost of living there. And how Indians are treated there?

I would highly appreciate your feedback.

Thank you so much in Advance:)....

Hello sowmyaraman81.

Welcome to Expat.com!

Do not hesitate to browse through the Manama forum. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello sowmyaraman81 and welcome to the forum,

If you read a little bit the previous topics, you will see that most of the members agree on the fact that even if there are still some clashes, they are extremely localized in the Shia villages and the expats are not directly exposed to more than a traffic jam or burning tires from time to time.

For the cost of living, please have a look at the older threads, we have a lot of replies about that.
About how Indian are treated here, well to be honest I've seen pretty everything ! The Indian community is huge in Bahrain (in the Gulf ?). Most of them are coming from Kerala and are Muslims but of course you also have communities from other regions of India.
Bahrainis are quite nice people and most of them are treating everybody fairly well. Nevertheless, you will find from time to time some arrogant idiot extremely patronizing as if because you are Indian, you have to be a silly worker :(
To be fair, I've also noticed a lot of Indian being ill treated by... other Indians ! But as far as I know, the situation here is better than many neighbor countries :D

Don't be afraid, if you throw a positive ball to others, they will throw you back the same. And the one who doesn't doesn't deserve your attention :D

Cheers

Olivier

Safe, Safe, Safe

Safe, Safe, Safe + Safe 

DrCrazyWisdom wrote:

Safe, Safe, Safe