Advice, Info on moving to Alkent 2000 Buyukcekmece & using IICS school

I am British national currently in planning phase to relocate my family to Istanbul, with basic idea to relocate for 2-3 years, as part of work project, from early Y2010. Family includes my wife & I (in early 30s) with 2 young children (under 5) the oldest of which is due to start school August 2010.

Based on advice I am getting so far best location for me would be Alkent 2000, Buyukcekmece using IICS school. However since I cannot find any details of the local area/facilities on internet (other than real estate websites) I would be interested to know opinions/views from other expats who are living there or have experienced the area.

So far I am told 40-50 families in the area?

Any sort of info on pros/cons, dos/donts, average rent costs for 3-4 bedroom family house, commune fees, opportunity to meet other expats in the area or other then please let me know.

Thanks in Advance

Hello,

We are now in the same position, Did you make a decision? We are verry interested in a house at the Alkent compound and bring our kids to the IICS. I hope you can give us some respons of your adventure in Istanbul.

Regards
Bianca

Hello. my name is josé and I am Spanish Ingenier currently in planning phase to relocate my family to Istanbul. Also for me is porograming to relocate for 2-3 years, as part of work project, from October 2010. Family includes my wife with 2 children (10 and 12 years old) and we are looking for a international school and just after that we would like to find the best house location according the school place.
Maybe you can tell us your experience in both issues.

Thank you for all

jose

Did anyone get any info on this??  We are considering Alkent and the same school.  Please let me know what you think.  Apparently the British school is good too and there are expats in a similar housing complex over there.  Anyone have a ideas or suggestions for an American family heading to Istanbul??  Is Alkent too far from the city or are there things to do out there?

Has anyone moved to that area?? My family and I moved to Istanbul 7 months ago from Canada. We are living in our apartment in Buyukcekmece right now but we also have a summer house in the small village Karaagac. The IICS school is right on the out skirts of the village.  I've been learning Turkish and its been coming along slowly but would love to meet some other English speaking foreigners to talk with/ have coffee.
We have 2 young daughters 4 and 2. Our oldest can already speak and understand turkish so she translates for me alot. lol