Where to buy a prepaid Sim Card in Shanghai

Dear all,

i will arrive in Shanghai at the end of june and would need a prepaid sim  card for my IPhone4 for 1 month.
I need it for calls in China (no international calls) and for internet access to use maps and recieve e-mails.

I heard that there is a good micro sim card from China Mobile.
Is this true?

Where can I buy it? What about the costs? And whats the name of this card?

Hi,

You just walk in to any China Mobile shop and ask for a sim card. Try going to a relatively large showroom as they'll have staff that can speak English. You just need your passport to get a new sim. I'm not sure about the exact figure but its around 50 RMB including some talk time. You may need a 100 RMB/ month plan to use internet.

After a few days (once you've made/ received 10 calls from different numbers registered in China) you have to go back to China Mobile office to register you mobile number. Hope this helps.

Thank you, this helps! :-)

Hello,
Go for China mobile prepaid card (if its not micro sim, they will alter it for your iphone4 right-away) get it from any mobile shop or magazine shop. Top up 100 RMB talk time, you are done for a month or so. Call customer service of the operator for GPRS settings for internet usage.
In china WIFI is everywhere, just ask for the password around:)
Cheers!

Thank you so much!

:-)