Migrating to Namibia

I am a South African,living in Johannesburg wanting to migrate or is it immigrate to Namibia, in particular Swartkopmund, but I have no idea how to start the process. Any one willing to assist?

Thank you

Johann

Hello Johann.

Welcome to Expat.com!

Maybe you should ask your questions so that members can help you.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Johann, best is to come to Nam and look around. You will need a work permit or a resident permit. To obtain a work permit you need a job in Nam - in other words a position must be advertised and the employer proof that they can not find suitable Namibians for the position. Alternatively you open a business in Nam - then you must show that yopu have capital to run the business and that you will be employing Namibians. To get residency you must show that you have financial means to support yourself - this noemally when people retire in NAm. Hope this helps.

Hi!

I have posted a message in another category but it could come to this topic as well. Here is my post:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=155509

Sorry if this can be confused.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Virginie

Hello Johann,

Hopefully the answers posted here helped. Please let us know if we can help make your move easier.

If you are looking for a job please email me an let me know what field you are in. You could also consider coming first as an intern within your field.

Right now the country is in need of engineers and other professionals on short term contracts so again, depending on your field, that would give you a chance to come scout the job market.

As it was so rightly said, to get a job the position has to be advertised first and have no Namibians qualified to take it. The specialized professions present a great opportunity for now while Namibians are in training.

It seems to me most people want to come and settle in Windhoek and Swakopmund. My experience has been that the opportunities are in the regions.

I wish you the very best as you make the move to this awesome country.

Regards,

Zenani