If you could live anywhere, where would you choose?

Hi Sam , as you can speak Chinese it's the important thing you have ! The second point you have to check if eygptain require visa to enter Taiwan or not ? The best way may I advise you to look about single expats whom currently resident in Taiwan and contact them

Merida, Yucatan Mexico as I do now. Safest area in all Mexico and very affordable

Beachseeker, we are definitely Interested being very near the beach in San Carlos, Puerto Vallarta, Negril, and or the Dominican for possible move to. So shopping them all at the moment to make the final determination later

We are actually studying Seyshells, which adds to the other possible choices we will choose from. Our first choice is Jamaica, 2.  Mexico, 3. DR, 4.  Africa

That statement Samramon made about mexico is troubling! Already had concerns, but testamonies like that makes me more leary. I have not traveled to Merida but have heard a lot about it. Being invited to Acapulco though.

I thinking about this already some time. I lived in Germany, France and now in the US. I want to live at a location where I can retire rather sooner than later. Maybe with 56. Where the costs of living are low, but still a good infrastructure. And maybe close to the sea and in a warm climate. And the languages I speak are understood. I thought about Paraguay, Bali, Vietnam, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama. But always one of my requirements is not fulfilled. My current choice is Alabama in the US. Houses are cheap and more important, the property tax is very low (something not to forget in the US). You can buy there a house for 100 to 150000 Dollar with reasonable space around to grow your vegetables. And close to the sea, infrastructure of the US. But let's see what else shows up.

I'm from the US, lived in the UK for several years and now live in Kenya. I would love to live in England again. I actually hate the weather in the American south and Kenya; far too hot. Even though many complain about it I love the English weather. :-)

tanzonholiday2016 wrote:

I'm from the US, lived in the UK for several years and now live in Kenya. I would love to live in England again. I actually hate the weather in the American south and Kenya; far too hot. Even though many complain about it I love the English weather. :-)

Different strokes for different folks. Some people do not mind foggy, cold rainy weather.
I have a friend from  the U.K. who lives in CA and he always says how lousy the weather is in the U.K.! To each his own! As long as YOU like it, that's what matters!

Im from Malaysia, but now im living in Cairo, Egypt. I don't have any specific place to live in cause I always blend in with the culture. I guess I could live anywhere people put me.

Malaysia and Egypt are nice place ! if u like to live in UK Birmingham - u r most welcome..........

Currently staying in Nairobi, Kenya but I'd love to live in Germany! Hakuna matata

Living in Germany is great. I am German. It is relatively inexpensive. But, please learn German. People in Germany are poor with other languages.
The normal guy does not speak English. But despite of this, a great place to live.

Hallo Halvar! Wie geht's dir? Thanks for your comment! I'm already struggling with german! Ooops such a difficult language for me as an English-Speaker

I can imagine. I had to learn French some years ago. I also struggled. But, I had to. Do not worry. If you are in Germany, surrounded with German guys you will learn it quickly if you are motivated. That's how I learnt French. I worked at a French company. Everybody spoke French. I had no choice. Be patient, it takes 6 month to a year until the brain is able to get used to a foreign language.
It is difficult to learn a foreign language just by yourself. You need to practice. Just with Babble, it will be difficult.

OOh yeah! I understand all these and it makes sense! But how do I manage this from Kenya? Difficult indeed but I try to learn through skype! SOme times I pay the german teachers and sometimes I do it in exchange for swahili lessons

Indeed, this is difficult. I know. May you find some guys which have or better had the same problem which are willing to have chat with you over Skype once in a while. May there is a group at Facebook. I do not know.
You should try to learn the basics when you are still in your country. And the rest will come when you are in Germany. If you are motivated and you must learn it you will succeed.

Sounds good! Well, will keep struggling because Germany is my dream country and I'll do anything to be able to speak german! Well I'm looking for german friends here too who could be willing to talk on skype.
Danke und schlaf gut

Have you ever been there? I was thinking about Seychelles, have not heard anything lately about Zanzibar. Please share on what you know.

I would like to live in Bahamas bcoz it's nice place nice islands people are friendly

Can I get friend live in Bahamas?

I already chosen Montenegro; at my tiny house at Danilovgrad with a little garden which was my dream since several years. This country is a heaven for outdoor sports and has an amazing nature which is relaxing my soul...

Really? I thought English would be widely used especially with younger people. Thought it would be like Amsterdam where it seemed so many people speak English.

New Zealand for its scenic views.

You cannot compare dutch guys with germans. I work for a dutch company and I can confirm that dutch guys are very international oriented and are really good speaking english and even german.
A problem which I see in Germany is related to movies although this sounds maybe strange. All the movies we see in the cinema or at home are translated to german. In the netherlands and also in Scandinavia this is not always the case for english movies. Therefore the young population is used to view movies on english and this helps getting used to english.
The exact same problem have french guys with english.
At least this is a part of the story. But I guess there are also other reasons

If I had that option I would have moved to a village in Bogor Indonesia. A rainy city surrounded by forests and millions of friendly and smiling people around you and off course a very nice weather.. Its adjacent to Jakarta, one of the biggest cities on earth.. If I had that option I would have gone there right away without any hesitation and lived my entire life among those friendliest people on earth..

I would like to live in Madagascar because of the animals, food and e.t.c

i wish to relocate to kigali Rwanda,can any one suggest me how to get a job or start a business there and what are the visa procedures to enter the country,living cost etc...to get a rough idea before coming there.

tanzonholiday2016 wrote:

Really? I thought English would be widely used especially with younger people. Thought it would be like Amsterdam where it seemed so many people speak English.

If you are sitting on a terrace in Amsterdam and you order in Dutch you can be almost certain that you'll get an answer in English  :cool:
Not every Dutch man appreciate  that.

But its not only in Amsterdam but in the whole country everyone speaks English if they want to or if needed but don't count to much on that.

shanrash wrote:

i wish to relocate to kigali Rwanda,can any one suggest me how to get a job or start a business there and what are the visa procedures to enter the country,living cost etc...to get a rough idea before coming there.

You better off to ask your questions at the Rwanda forum instead of here while you are very  :offtopic:

I am currently living in Qatar for 6yrs now but I would like to live in Columbia or Ecuador, or maybe  Zealand....

I would like to live in Brazil or Korea or New York City those are the most three countries I wish I can live in someday

Lourdes, France.

Hawai

Hmmm hard question!  I want to live in many places, but my top are Japan, Brazil, and Spain!

jeddah and madina and makkah top to the sky with my heart

Switzerland OR Austria

Ireland but it's not in my budget.

Canada or Germany

Norway, Canada or Finland.

Northern Idaho, U.S., Raleigh/Durham North Carolina,  Canada, Norway, Anywhere in Appalachia.

Meet expats all over the world

OR