Driving license in Bahrain

Hi all,

Can a foreigner take the driving test in Bahrain?

What are the formalities to get a driver's licence in Bahrain?

Do you need special or extra documents being an expatriate?

How much does it cost?

Thank you for participating ;).

Armand

:D yes foreigner can take the driving test in Bahrain & License.
Just you need a Valid visa & Letter from Sponsor (who given u a visa ) .
Passport(in original) ,2 Colour photos,
cost for learning license =  35 Bahraini Dinars.
Test date = 10 Bahraini Dinars.
--
Instructor = 5 BD per hour at least for 21 hours (5x21=105BD)
but its better to make contract with teacher= 250BD for 3 Fail tests . He/she will pick you from work & will drop you back . :D:D

i think enough

Thank you Khush-Singh for contributing! ;)

Aurélie

:D

AurélieZ wrote:

Thank you Khush-Singh for contributing! ;)

Aurélie

Hi Khush-Singh and thanks a lot for sharing,

Expats from some countries can also convert their driving license into a Bahraini one without any test.
It depends on where you come from...
For Europeans, you should have an international driving license before coming, it will help a lot.

Cheers

Olivier

Hi Khush,

This is exactly what I was about to post in the forum as well. Do you know any contact details for a teacher that I can contact to? I do not have any driving license nor have ever driven any car so I am a total newbie when it comes to driving a car but having been in Bahrain for 10 days, I can see that being able to drive is quite important. When I say people I don't know how to drive a car, they look at me as if I landed here from another planet :)

:D
yup!i have the details U r looking for & no problem if u don't have driving experience. I can suggest you my own teacher ,But keep in mind (All driving instructors are Busy even if they are Free ;)) . I paid around BD:350 for 5 Tests , i was lucky enough to pass the test in second try :|,

Making contract with Teacher/instructor is illegal here in the kingdom (Who cares). So simply call them & fix a time to meet & then start MIB3 << process .

Benefits of making contract with teacher :
Teacher will give you 101% attention .
He will pick you from flat & will drop you in front of your office .
He will be available for u  at anytime.
He will share important tip & tricks to clear driving test easily .
He will treat you like student/friend .(otherwise hay u kachra driver ,hay yalla go out from my car , u r fail , you will damage my car engine,u don't have brain etc :D )
He will give his car to you for at-least 60 minutes a day (otherwise 15 min for without contract :P) .

brightonguy wrote:

Hi Khush,

This is exactly what I was about to post in the forum as well. Do you know any contact details for a teacher that I can contact to? I do not have any driving license nor have ever driven any car so I am a total newbie when it comes to driving a car but having been in Bahrain for 10 days, I can see that being able to drive is quite important. When I say people I don't know how to drive a car, they look at me as if I landed here from another planet :)

I have a UAE Driving License, would i have to apply in Bahrain as a fresh driver? or is there another way i can get a license there?

:) if u have Valid visa & ID card (Bahrain-CPR), then no need to apply for learning license or training , just u have to pay 20-BHD
& they will print a new License for u at the same time ( 1 or 2 BHD up-down possible ):D

forfeit_sarim wrote:

I have a UAE Driving License, would i have to apply in Bahrain as a fresh driver? or is there another way i can get a license there?

I failed my first test, getting my hours done to sit for the next test. Guys any idea how we can get an early test date ? 3 months is such a big wait :(

I am also about to start the process. Just waiting to receive the letter from work before I go to the authorities. Does anybody know any ways to speed up the process?

Hi Everybody,

I'm expats frm IND, I have been in Bahrain from last one year,
First 8 months on another company visa then from sept 2012 from another company. I would like to go for Bahrain Driving license.

Now my Visa is having 6 months validity till April 2013 later my company will extend it. Is it any compalsary to have 2 year valid visa for Driving license? If not then what is the process ?

Help will be Appriciated.

Hey Buddy

You have to apply for a learning driving license 1st, the visa period is not important .

Then search for instructor (most difficult part) to give you the required learning hours, then apply for the test.

As you see, it's long process & takes months , sometimes years :(

So you have to start sooner

Good luck

Sherif

Thanks for the reply. But you are from same GCC continent may be for you some relaxation is there ? Expats from NON GCC countries are really suffering with this process. Why the Hell in Bahrain this process takes so long & complicated. This is really painful. OK Anyways Hope, they will change in near future.

If it is true & NO VISA validity required to get the license then its good. coz many ppl said that I need valid next 6 months visa ? Confused !! No one have the correct information & not on their website Pls clarify...

You will need to have your CPR to get the application processed. Nobody checked my passport when I was doing the application, however the validity of my visa might be in their files as part of CPR... Why don't you ask them and let us know?

i have driving test coming week ..still i have nervous .can suggest me  to get out the fear .....as well without shoo or sandal can i drive test ?

As mentioned on your other comment, I don't think there are any laws against it.

On a side note, don't get nervous about the test. It will have an impact on your success. Relax and treat the exam as another lesson.

Dear viewer,
I got my licence date in November.Pls let me know who can change my test date within one week.Its urgent.Pls contact me through mail as soon as u see this message.

Thank you

Pls let me know to whomm I should approach to get my lincence

i have to register driving license for online

You cannot change it. You have to wait until November unfortunately.

Dear,
Can anybody advise us, i have passed both inside and outside the school, only failed in the reverse. how long it will take for the new test date only for reverse. How many test one can take in an year? if i fail in reverse do i need to do the all the test again ( inside and out)

pls advise

Regards
Machan

Yes you will have to do all of the tests again. There is no difference in terms of timeline when it comes to taking the test for the first time or the renewal. It is highly likely that they will give you a date 3-5 months from now.

How to  apply for new driving licence

How much salary and what is my position .you want details

Can I register for driving licence in online

Dear Faruk1,

First of all, welcome to the forum !
Whenever you want to ask a question, you'd better start a new topic, it's always better for visibility.
As far as your questions are concerned, I you read Kush-Singh message (the 2nd in this conversation), all the replies are here I guess...

Just take a little time to read around can be very helpful !

Cheers

Olivier

Dear ,
You are wrong,

Now the driving test consist of 3 stages. Inside the School/Outside the School/Reverse. if one passes both and inside and out then they lead him to the reverse test. if he fails there they will mark the book as he passes inside and outside and next time he need to practice only on reverse and they will take the test only for reverse. so my friend please post comments which you are sure about. don't give any wrong information which will mislead others.

Thank you very much......
Machan

Dear Friends,
I have Saudi Arabian Driving License, is it valid in Bahrain??

Thank you

Yes it is. You can also convert your Saudi license to a Bahraini one easily.

I went there but they are asking "Naqal Maloomat" from saudi arabia, I can't go there bcz dont have visa. Is there any time frame or visa type restriction to use saudi license in Bahrain? I mean only the person who is on visit visa and is not valid once you get resident permit and CPR.

Thanks

If you are on a visit visa and have a valid Saudi license, you should be able to rent a car on your license. All you'd need is your passport and your Saudi license. I don't see any issue with this.

Have you been in touch with a car rental company?

Yes i used rent a car for few weeks but now i am planning to buy own car and i also got resident permit and CPR. Is saudi license valid in this case. I am applying new bahraini license but its a lengthy process, when i receive bahraini one after 6 or 10 months dont know, is it offence driving in bahrain for long period having saudi license?

Thanks for your help.

If you have a residence permit and CPR, you should be be able to buy a car with a Saudi license, but I am really not 100% sure as I've asked my colleagues here and I am hearing conflicting stories.

I don't think driving on a Saudi license will be an issue as GCC licenses are accepted across the GCC.

Your best bet would be to go to the dealer and say if you can buy a car with a Saudi license and Bahraini residence permit and CPR.

Thank you brother, I have asked a dealer he also not sure and said Saudi License is valid in Bahrain and you can convert this easily to Bahraini license.

Thanks dear.

You're welcome. Let us know how you get on.

I am Bilal,
from Pakistan and wish to come in behrain.
i need ur guidence.

hw can i get a driving visa for behrain?

To obtain your Bahrain driving licence you need copies of your CPR and your present driving licence (if exists) together with the originals of these documents. You must take these and two photos to the Traffic Department in Isa Town. Here you will have an eye test, and if you need glasses for the eye test you must make sure that you are wearing them in the photos that you provide, or your application will be rejected.

When you get to the Traffic Directorate you must go to the second building; the first is for traffic offences. Once in the building there are good directions in English to the driving licence application section. Here you can fill in the application form and you will be directed through the rest of the process. Your application will be processed immediately and you should be able leave with your new licence.

If you already have a GCC licence, but have an original licence from the UK, other European countries, the USA or Australia, you can drive on your GCC licence until you receive your residence visa and CPR card. You can then follow the same procedure as above but you will need a letter from your sponsor stating that they have no objection to your obtaining a Bahrain licence. Getting the licence should only take a few hours and your employer will normally arrange for someone to take you to the Traffic Directorate to achieve this. There are no separate queues for women but the numbering queue system means it really is first come first served.

Unfortunately, licence holders from other countries must take a Bahrain driving test. This can be organised by going to the Traffic Directorate in A'ali. You must book a course of lessons however confident or experienced you are. Your instructor will be booked at the training centre and he will arrange for your actual test.

Source: Abroad Indians

if you Failed in reverse only ,
then go to room number 8 and show them inspector's signature , if he mentioned 4/6 hours , they will stamp your Book with Red colour stamp written in Arabic " Reverse only " ,then you have to complete your hours , again go to school pay 10 BHD for test ( ON THE SAME DAY ) just dont forget to show that red colour stamp on the counter  ,  YOHOOOOOOO enjoy ! :D:D
Note : after 10 BHD , you  have to show your 10 BHD receipt in room number 8 , bcoz they need to adjust a special inspector for you on the same time ,
:P

machanapm wrote:

Dear,
Can anybody advise us, i have passed both inside and outside the school, only failed in the reverse. how long it will take for the new test date only for reverse. How many test one can take in an year? if i fail in reverse do i need to do the all the test again ( inside and out)

pls advise

Regards
Machan