Expat blog gatherings in Hong Kong

Hi all!

What about meeting the other Hong Kong Expat.com members in real life? Organizing an Expat.com meet up would be an excellent way to know them! :)

An Expat.com meet up can be a diner gathering, having coffee, a bring and share in a nice place, a cultural or sports activity, etc. There are plenty of possibilities: just imagine a pleasant way to meet new people and old friends from Expat.com.

Feel free to organize Expat.com get-togethers in Hong Kong: you would meet the other members in a friendly atmosphere and have a good time together!

Of course, we could offer some help to organize your meet up and to inform the community.

So, who's in? Do not hesitate to start a new thread to suggest an Expat.com gathering in Hong Kong. ;)

Best,

Julien

Hi..! As a new comer in HK, I'd like to say hi & thanks for welcoming me here... Yes, new in HK as I have just moved from Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. But originally, I'm from Jakarta, Indonesia.

Have a good day! :)

I am in let's meet up:)

I'm in too. Anyone else? I just arrived in HK (3 days ago) so I don't know which places are best to organize a meet up event.

Please let me know!

Ekrist and spy_always, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Rachel

The reason this never happened is because 90% of the people in the Hong Kong forum are looking for visas/jobs - most are not even in Hong Kong.  Many of the people actually in Hong Kong only want to talk to people from whichever country they're originally from.

However, if people really want to meet each other, there are a million good spots in Hong Kong to do such a thing.  The first place that comes to mind is Avenue of the Stars.

Welcome to Hk Rachel n Ekrist! And many thanks for Julien this gd idea.
As a local in  Hong Kong , I find that people always likes to hang out in LAN Kwai Fong ,central
Which have like over 100 bars , restaurants. This is a reali bustling place. Or may be Stanley beach
Which also have serval dining located beside the sea shore.
It needa concert how many people are going to join us as Stanley is a bit remote.

Spy