New in Abu Dhabi from CHELSEA :cool:

Hi everyone, not sure how up to date the views and posts are on this but Ive recently got here in the fast few weeks and am looking for some other active people that are up for a laugh and that. I love pretty much ALL sports and without blowing my own trumpet play them at a pretty decent level! ha. I also love going out, restraunts, bars (the usual)

Im 24, From Chelsea in London and hope to have as good a time out here as possible!

:D

Hi Dawsey,
I am new with this site too and looking forward to meet new people.

Dawsey wrote:

Hi everyone, not sure how up to date the views and posts are on this but Ive recently got here in the fast few weeks and am looking for some other active people that are up for a laugh and that. I love pretty much ALL sports and without blowing my own trumpet play them at a pretty decent level! ha. I also love going out, restraunts, bars (the usual)

Im 24, From Chelsea in London and hope to have as good a time out here as possible!

:D

I'm in the midst of moving to Abu Dhabi from Toronto, Canada myself... My wife and I are heading over in August, as she's secured employment with a GEMS school..

How are you finding it?? Were you able to secure employment prior to leaving the UK, or did you find something when you arrived in Abu Dhabi? I lived in Cheltenham for 2 years, so I'm curious how big of a culture shock it is between the UK and UAE..

Be glad to get together for a pint once I'm there.. BIG football fan, so I wouldn't find getting a team together for some 5-a-side or full pitch play.. I will warn you, I'm a Villa fan...So expect some banter lol

Hey Dawsey! Im from chelsea too! Im living in Dubai till august!

Cwilde - Yeah its all good to be honest, the first couple of weeks was a bit intense trying to get used to the weather an that but after that it was fine, now I cant get enough of it!

Well I was talking to a few people over here before I came out and was lucky to have something set up already. I take it your wife has an accomadation package set up with the school yeah?

We have a football set up at work an play in the evenings so yeah when you come over we'll have a meet and sort somthing out no problem! Villas alright - bit lucky to survive ;) but at least u'll still be able to watch the games, they show everygame in the prem out here!

Keep in touch

Dawsey wrote:

Cwilde - Yeah its all good to be honest, the first couple of weeks was a bit intense trying to get used to the weather an that but after that it was fine, now I cant get enough of it!

Well I was talking to a few people over here before I came out and was lucky to have something set up already. I take it your wife has an accomadation package set up with the school yeah?

We have a football set up at work an play in the evenings so yeah when you come over we'll have a meet and sort somthing out no problem! Villas alright - bit lucky to survive ;) but at least u'll still be able to watch the games, they show everygame in the prem out here!

Keep in touch

Nice to know you settled in alright!

Good to hear from someone over there that you're still able to find work, as talk of the UAE is non existant in Canada.. They don't really tend to recuit as much as they would in the UK and US.

My wife's employer has set us up with a 2 bedroom flat near the Corniche, so I'm not too concerned about rhe job hunt as I won't have to concern myself with paying for a flat or flight over..

Once I'm over I'll shoot you a message and see if you guys are still up for some footy..

Thanks again for the info, and glad to hear you're enjoying your time.

Cheers!