Give birth fees in Germany

Hi,

My name is Nam, I am now living in the Netherlands. I plan to give birth in Bonn, Germany but I do not have insurance in Germany and my husband's insurance (in Bonn)can not pay for it. Anyone knows how much does it cost to give birth in Bonn? where can I get service fees in details? Thank you very much.

Nam

Hi and welcome to Expat.com Nam!

Your post has been moved to the Bonn forum for better visibility.
Maybe this thread could help: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=149872

Regards
Armand

Health insurance is compulsory for everybody living in Germany.
Child birth is fully covered by the insurance, and there is no waiting time or exclusion of pre-existing pregnancies.
If your husband is living in Germany and member of the public health insurance (GKV), you can be covered too if you move to Germany and join him. If you don't have an own income, this is even free!
If your husband is in private health insurance, you can also join by paying a monthly fee.
If you do not move to Germany, but only visit to give birth, you probably have to pay everything yourself, since travel insurance usually exludes child birth and expat insurances have waiting times (which are longer than a pregnancy). In this case it will be very expensive and you are better advised to give birth where your current insurance covers it.