Internet in ARG

I work on Internet, so as soon as I move to ARG, IŽll need a fast line, installed quickly. Now, question is:
- how quickly can it be installed?
- do you need a DNI to do it, or some docs from migraciones?
- what is the best overall provider in BA, and say, in Mendoza?
- what is the overall quality of internet in ARG? tech support etc?
Thanks a bunch.
Cheers

3lckr wrote:

I work on Internet, so as soon as I move to ARG, IŽll need a fast line, installed quickly. Now, question is:
- how quickly can it be installed?
- do you need a DNI to do it, or some docs from migraciones?
- what is the best overall provider in BA, and say, in Mendoza?
- what is the overall quality of internet in ARG? tech support etc?
Thanks a bunch.
Cheers

Hi 3lckr, I'm living in Argentina for 3 month now, so I can give you some answers...

Concerning the installation, I would say 2-3 weeks if your home already have a phone line...

I'm not sure you need a DNI, but you probably gonna need more than your passport number.

The national provider is Telefónica (speedy).

The overall quality depends of your base for comparison. I used to live in France with very high standards in terms of quality and velocity. So for me it's exasperatingly slow with frequent shutdown (but I'm living in San Juan...) You can expect 5-6 Mb/s in Mendoza I would say...

I Hope I could help.

Hi,

I'm not sure about Mendoza or Buenos Aires but in Cordoba the company that I use is Arnet and I have 6 Mega and it works very well for me. So I definitely recommend 6 Mega for your internet speed, specially if you'll be linking to a vpn network.