Posts "REPORT"

Hi everyone,

I passed through some posts from either Expats or Local that really from my Own point of view brings Negative effects, attacking or disrespecting our Country, Culture, etc.

it's no problem to have discussions, explain and clarify issues but some people are very aggressive by nature and accept no culture difference and take difference as a threat and keep propagandize it.

well,to be short, whenever you feel Culture disrespect, fatal Misunderstanding or a threat to your country's Image or Lies, we have "Report" Icon to press!

Thankfully the Forum Moderators will look at it, if they find that lot of people are reporting specific Topic or Post they will surely take an action.

I am talking as a user who Just "Reported" a Post as I believe it's full of Lies and affect my country and my People's image.

This is Just a reminder.. as I know everyone here is aware about "reporting".

Best wishes,

hi mookamel

it's true what you've said.

i've been in your country twice and sincerely, fell in love with egypt and egyptians of all class and colour. i'm not naive and when i travel i show respect towards my hosts & hostesses. i didn't bring my prejudices (ie: comfort zone from my homeland) with me. i accepted and honestly learned to love the excitement of a new culture.

i'm always sorry to read some of the acerbic comments that are posted here by folks who hide behind a keyboard. it's a lack of maturity and respect that reflects on the author.

there are positive and negative aspects of life in any city/region.

i always tell people my favourite part of egypt is her people :)

mookamel wrote:

Hi everyone,

I passed through some posts from either Expats or Local that really from my Own point of view brings Negative effects, attacking or disrespecting our Country, Culture, etc.

it's no problem to have discussions, explain and clarify issues but some people are very aggressive by nature and accept no culture difference and take difference as a threat and keep propagandize it.

well,to be short, whenever you feel Culture disrespect, fatal Misunderstanding or a threat to your country's Image or Lies, we have "Report" Icon to press!...

This is Just a reminder.. as I know everyone here is aware about "reporting".

As soon as you " passed through some posts" and you have a different point of view it could be correct and nice to post there a comment saying what s wrong, in your opinion, and to try to turn users' minds, to convince them they are wrong!
Also, I think administrators of this forum are very used with " reporting", very often they have to block or ban" reported" Egyptian users that send private messages to ladies/ girls...and not only!
So, kindly, I would like you to involve yourself in conversations, first, and then to report that " your ideas were rejected or not in a nice manner treated". But already at the 5th post of yours, you start to " report" without expressing your opinions THERE FIRST( in the threads) .

Suzie Que,
Thanks for your nice comment and you are welcome to Egypt again & again.

Dear valibilic,

I am relatively new here and I am not interested to Participate in Debates!

I Joined a Forum not a debate but thanks for your comment anyway, I will try to find time to be more active!

Thx

I agree with Valibilic.

I donŽt know why you may be offended, this is not an official web page sponsored by the Ministry of Tourism, this is an Expat-Blog where people look for information and discuss about all kind of issues. Sometimes our posts are positive and sometimes negative, because Egypt- like any other country- is not perfect (you can see this by entering any other country's blog).

Also, I think the moderators are usually very fast in banning or warning, if required.

Maa salaama

So what is a forum -  if it not a place to post both the negative and the positive aspects of life here in EGypt!?

People have both negative and positive experiences so of course they will post both - if you need to read just positive experiences of your country then I suggest you find a different forum.

Sometimes I also wonder why 'locals' join EXPAT forums!?
Becuase surely they will read both good and bad things - becasue also this is just life.
And this is a place that if we have anything to warn the wary expat of before they come - so they don't make a massive move without knowing both the good and the bad!!

Not everyone who moves to Egypt loves it / not everyone hates it and there are some people such as mysef who have a love / hate relationship with the country and its peoples.

If you want just the positive things - then go read a travel website not an expat forum.  No-one attacks anyone - but sometimes the topics debated / discussed do get down to the nitty gritty because everyone has their own opinion.

If you wish to try and educate people that their view is wrong you can also try - but you also have to understand that these are views on the whole of EXPATS - not local people.  And trust me we do see things through different pairs of glasses! and have totally different experiences - as do the men and women who use the forum!!

The only thing to say is that if you don't like the forums / posts / talkign then please use the links given and leave the website never to return!!!

Hi biffy,

well, I started reading your reply and I was totally understanding and agreed with what you said until I reached the last sentence,I really felt grrrr..

you spoiled everything by your last words.

some people Just like ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK!

for other people, not for you, my Post was very clear and I made it brief in these words:

"""well,to be short, whenever you feel Culture disrespect, fatal Misunderstanding or a threat to your country's Image or Lies, we have "Report" Icon to press! """"

What the hell did I say wrong to get this bunch of comments and finally go out :))) LOOOOL

Did I miss a fight here?!

forgive me, anyone who is offended, but i personally find it extremely annoying to see especially "women" complaining about every little thing especially in regard to egyptian men. i have been on other expat sites and its revolting what some women say. i think they are prude and cold people who have issues. lol and i can not stand people who report every little thing too. its not childrens school.

layla1313 wrote:

forgive me, anyone who is offended, but i personally find it extremely annoying to see especially "women" complaining about every little thing especially in regard to egyptian men. i have been on other expat sites and its revolting what some women say. i think they are prude and cold people who have issues. lol and i can not stand people who report every little thing too. its not childrens school.

well said :top:

To a certain extent I agree with Biffy on this one. :/

To the Egyptians on this Egypt forum you must understand that it is a website for EXPATS. They have a different experience to yours so I'm afraid you have to deal with some comments. You will hear things that you don't agree with or don't like because its your country that is being spoken about, I understand this.
I'm the same about the UK but at the same time I am the first one to complain about the country! I know its faults and I do think some Egyptians need to be aware of its faults too.

But the whole point of this forum is for people to ask questions and get others opinion. So you will have the negative along with the positive.
People should be wise enough to listen but then make their own judgement. I don't think this website would put people off coming to Egypt but more like whats on the news!! LOL

Its not just Egypt is the same in every country all over the world.

I do not think Egyptians shouldn't be on this forum because I think its good to have a balance of expat opinion and local opinion :D

MrsIsmail wrote:

To a certain extent I agree with Biffy on this one. :/

To the Egyptians on this Egypt forum you must understand that it is a website for EXPATS. They have a different experience to yours so I'm afraid you have to deal with some comments. You will hear things that you don't agree with or don't like because its your country that is being spoken about, I understand this.
I'm the same about the UK but at the same time I am the first one to complain about the country! I know its faults and I do think some Egyptians need to be aware of its faults too.

But the whole point of this forum is for people to ask questions and get others opinion. So you will have the negative along with the positive.
People should be wise enough to listen but then make their own judgement. I don't think this website would put people off coming to Egypt but more like whats on the news!! LOL

Its not just Egypt is the same in every country all over the world.

I do not think Egyptians shouldn't be on this forum because I think its good to have a balance of expat opinion and local opinion :D

Totally agree with, you plus at least you said some positive about Egypt & Egyptians.

And as you mentioned locals are here to help expats.

Same as all forums in all countries. (That's the main purpose of the blog)

+1 with MrsIsmail - everything has now been said

I close this discussion

Closed