Will my iqama be renewed?

I am 58 and my profession on Iqama is Telecom Engineer but I am not an Engineer. I have to give my iqama for renewal in 2 months. Will my iqama be renewed or not without certificates?

Hello pcline and welcome to Expat.com!

A new thread has been created on Saudi Arabia forum for better visibility.;)

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.

Harmonie.

Having the word Engineer in your iqama prodfession can prove to be a trouble if you don't own an Engineering degree from an accredited university. They are constantly making things stringent. My guess: it won't be easy.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Having the word Engineer in your iqama prodfession can prove to be a trouble if you don't own an Engineering degree from an accredited university. They are constantly making things stringent. My guess: it won't be easy.

Agreed.

Hi, Presently I am working in a Company since last 6 months and the the company is a new one. I wants to transfer my sponsorship to this company but the problem is the company is still waiting for their Labour office Registration and at the same time my iqama is also going to expire end of next month. The company is expecting the labour registration within a week. My question is, it is possible to transfer the sponsorship to this company before my iqama expires that is next month? How much time to take for a sponsorship transfer? Please reply..

sunnykzhpr wrote:

Hi, Presently I am working in a Company since last 6 months and the the company is a new one. I wants to transfer my sponsorship to this company but the problem is the company is still waiting for their Labour office Registration and at the same time my iqama is also going to expire end of next month. The company is expecting the labour registration within a week. My question is, it is possible to transfer the sponsorship to this company before my iqama expires that is next month? How much time to take for a sponsorship transfer? Please reply..

Haha tricky.

The way I look at it is that you can't transfer your sponsorship to a company that is not even registered in the labor office yet.

Then you can only apply for transfer once your company is registered to take on employees/labor.

Then here comes the issue whether can you apply for transfer given your iqama is about to expire within a month (say)? Well no too sure about this one. TLL will surely have an answer.

So what should be the number of months your iqama has to be valid in order for it to qualify for transfer to the next sponsor?

Thanks for your reply.
My iqama is to complete two years next month but my present sponsor is in Red category under Nitagat and I heard that it can be transfered before the mandatory period of two years.

agent47 wrote:
sunnykzhpr wrote:

Haha tricky.

The way I look at it is that you can't transfer your sponsorship to a company that is not even registered in the labor office yet.

Then you can only apply for transfer once your company is registered to take on employees/labor.

Then here comes the issue whether can you apply for transfer given your iqama is about to expire within a month (say)? Well no too sure about this one. TLL will surely have an answer.

So what should be the number of months your iqama has to be valid in order for it to qualify for transfer to the next sponsor?

My work is not of an engineer in the company and I don't mind changing profession on iqama from engineer to any other as long as I can continue receiving family status for my wife and children.

pcline wrote:

My work is not of an engineer in the company and I don't mind changing profession on iqama from engineer to any other as long as I can continue receiving family status for my wife and children.

Of course! It won't make any difference.

So it means my iqama can be renewed without any problem. But as I am not an engineer, my profession shall be changed to something else...???

pleas check my iqama renwed or not renewed my iqama no 2302079773

It's expired...here is the link

http://www.moi.gov.sa/wps/portal/!ut/p/ … VEB9AI1GV6