New OVIR Regulations

Hey all,

does anybody know anything about these supposed new OVIR Regulations? my employer in Kharkiv has just told me that i must rush back to Kharkiv immediately because apparently OVIR now says that a person has to be registered within 45 days of issuance of a visa.....
i believe the former rule was that you had 45 days from entry into Ukraine, but now they seem to have changed it to the date of issue.
Now i can't find any information about this and if it is true it will be a very new adjustment to the regulations.
i am due to collect my visa tomorrow but i'm not planning to enter Ukraine until July now as i'll be employed short term elsewhere in Europe, so if anybody knows could you let me know.

Thanks

Andy

OVIR is a strange state body and could issue some regulation without publishing it. But a D-type visa is issued for 45 days. This has not changed for sure. I may be wrong but I think that you have 45 days for everything (enteting and staying in Ukraine) from the day of receiving your visa.

"The term for a foreigner or stateless person to enter into Ukraine and stay within its territory shall be specified on the visa label." - this is an extraxt from the rules. So get your visa tomorrow and see what is in it. Also try to ask at the consulate.

indeed it seems the only option, however last time i was there they were so unhelpful with everything and just keen to shunt you along.