New member, thinking of moving to Malta.

Firstly i would like to say a big hello to everyone.  I'm new here & interested in finding out what it's like to work & live in Malta.  I have been to Malta on holiday & i'm going back there on holiday in just under 2 weeks time :) My hubby, my mum (widowed) & 2 cats are currently living in Fife, Scotland.  I have lived in different parts of England & have also lived in Saskatchewan, Canada.  My hubby was born in Canada but had to come back to Scotland aged 4.

Hi catlovinchick!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

Hi Lorraine,

welcome to the forum.

Just browse through the past post and you will get information on a wide array of topics.

Regarding working in Malta it is best if you either don't have to or are lucky to be qualified in one of the few thriving industries (gambling,finances - which are not the same -)))or you are willing to work for a low pay in bars and restaurants.

Feel free to ask any questions that have not been addressed.

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks for the welcome guys.  Ricky, i'm not surprised about the work situation as i know Malta is a small island & is probably not ideal for starting a career, not mentioning the economic meltdown in Europe & the rest of the planet for that matter.  I probably wouldn't mind doing some part time work in a bar/restaurant but to be honest my hubby & i would probably  want to retire :)

Welcome to the wee band.....Even if you retire you still need to find something to do...LOL

its a struggle but we battle on LOL

Thanks toonarmy9752.  I know what you mean about finding something to do lol. :cool: