Tianjin in the 1930's

Can anyone tell me if Racecourse Road still exists? There was a British cemetary and a racecourse on it along with European style houses. I have/had family members buried in that cemetery
and wonder if it still exists abeit with another nameI am planning my 1st visit to China next month ( October 2009 )
and would like to visit.

Yes, it still exists.I think the message is too late for you, maybe you are already in China. If you need more info, you can write to me.

I have returned but may come again next year. Thank you for your reply however. Are there many structures remaining from that period and is the cemetary still there? I was expecting it to have been "relocated" owing to the rapid growth and nationalism of Tianjin/China.
Really enjoyed my trip to China. Nothing you can read really prepares you for seeing the country. It was magnificent. Are you American? Have you lived there long? Please tell me something about yourself.
And thanks again for replying.

Hello, there're still many things left from that period. But I have to say, the cemetary has been destroyed. As far as I remember, it's the Police station now.
The history of Tianjin at that time is very intesesting, there're 8 concessions, or we can say 9, if we account the American concession which is later grouped with British concession. I just visited the British concession 2 weeks, it's really nice. We can still feel the atmosphere, there're a lot of nice bulidings dating from that period which were banks, like in Shanghai on the side of Bund area.
It seems that you didn't visit Tianjin this time for your trip to China? Which cities have you visited?
I am not American, I am Chinese,from South of China, but started working in Tianjin 1 year ago. I also like to walk around in Tianjin to discover the history of the concession period.Nice adventures.

The church near the old drum tower (Gǔlóu 鼓楼) in the center of the old city was built in the 30's.  The building that was Eric Liddell's house is still there.  There are other buildings, some churches, that date earlier than the '30's, too.  The actual racecourse got turned into a lake/river (very visible if you look at google maps or google earth satellite imagery).  If you paste these coordinates into maps.google.com you'll see it: 39.091077,117.188458  "Racecourse Road" (马场道 mǎcháng dào) runs by the north end.

My parents were married in St.Inocks Russian Orthodox Church in 1933 can anyone give me some information as to where this church was. At the time my mother lived in Hankow Road, my dad was in the British army. I can't find any information on the web.
Thanks
leng