Transportation in Medellin

Medellin is a city with excellent public transport. Here you can find everything from person powered carts to one of the worlds most modern light rail systems. It still is common to see horse drawn vehicles in the streets of the most modern upscale neighborhoods. Daily life also includes abundant taxi, bus and light rail services.

It is very easy to get where you need to go without a car. I have left the personal vehicle behind. I don't need it. (moderated)

Phil Bunch
A Medellin Chronicle

I agree. Nevertheless, horsedrawn vehicles have been banned in Medellin and replaced by motorcycle cargo trucks by the mayor's office.
[Moderated: No free ad on the forum. You can add your company in the business directory]

So when were they banned? As of a year ago they were still very common in neighborhoods such as Conquistadores.

I just can't see how could they get away with it and get to such a central neighborhood as Conquistadores.
Here are some articles from El Colombiano that you might like to read:
elcolombiano.com/BancoConocimiento/C/cocheros_cambian_sombrero_por_casco/cocheros_cambian_sombrero_por_casco.asp
By the way, we call those horse drawn vehicles "zorras". 
elcolombiano.com/BancoConocimiento/Y/ya_no_habra_mas_zorras_en_vias/ya_no_habra_mas_zorras_en_vias.asp
You might have to copy and paste these links.