English speaking schools for a two-months stay

Hello all, my family and I are considering taking a three months assignment to Beijing, two months out of it coincide with the school year (September+October). We're looking for an English speaking school where we can enroll our kids (ages 12 and 11) for these two months. Preferably then school will have a curriculum compatible with US schools but it can also be an English speaking Chinese cultural school or something like that. Anything that will keep their brains busy and will be willing to accept them for a two-months duration ;-) My employer is in the Haidian area, so proximity to there or close-by residential areas will be a plus (which areas would those be?)

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

--Yossi

Yossi hi

that is a tough and interesting question.

Have you considerred the Home Schooling option?

I have no idea if the schools will take a pupil for a couple of months but if it helps I can point you to a site that lists many of the schools and from there you could try and contact each school.

FYI - Haidian is not an area with a lot of Expat kids.

Hi Manlin,

Thanks for your reply, yes, please do send me the address of the site with the school listings.

Would you recommend that we choose a place closer to the North-East of town, which I understand is more "expaty". How long is the daily commute to my workplace at Haidian going to be?

We're not too excited about the home schooling option. One of the attractive features of this assignment would have been that the kids would have an opportunity to see and interact with other kids in a different cultural setting, and I'm afraid with home schooling they'll be mostly caged in our flat for the duration of the stay... not a lot of fun...

Thanks a bunch,

--Yossi