Wanting to relocate to Belize

If someone out there could give me some advice on moving to Belize I sure would appreciate it. My backround is in the Restaurant business and have worked in other countries including the Russian Federation. Thank you

Hello christouly.

Welcome to Expat.com!

Are you looking for a job in Belize?

What kind of advices are you looking for?

Please ask precise questions so that other members can help you.

Thank you,
Aurélie

I am looking for a job in the Restaurant industry in Belize also am looking for housing as well. I would like to relocate in the next few months,

Hi christouly,

You could post an advert in the Jobs in Belize section. It might help you.

Christine wrote:

Hi christouly,

You could post an advert in the Jobs in Belize section. It might help you.

Christine,

I would like to email with people there in Belize , to get to know what to do in buying a reasonable place there , details on dual citizenship advice and opening a bank account etc. James B.Ruse II , Retired US NAVY.  1-661-809-4179.

Getting a job in Belize is extremely difficult. You must purchase a work permit, and the employer must prove that they've exhausted all resources finding a Belizean employee before hiring you. Since there is a high unemployment rate right now, there is no shortage of suitable restaurant employees, so that line of work would be tough going for you (as would many other lines of work).

Bottom line, Belize doesn't want to give away its jobs to foreigners - this is quite common in other countries as well. Starting a business, on the other hand, is much easier.

For housing, you can check out this website for rentals:  redroofpropertymanagement.com/

Good luck! Sharon Hiebing

Thank you Sharon , I have my Military Pension & Social Security permanently retirement so a job is not a concern. A business however however would be my focus along with aquireing a piece of land to build something simple etc. I would like to join a social club of others like myself to become more familiar with living in Belize etc , the health care is a first priority on my list and Banking information. I gladly welcome suggestions or advice. Thank you once again. James B. Ruse II 1-661-809-4179.

156 Short St , unit-B
Bishop,California 93514

Wealthships wrote:

Getting a job in Belize is extremely difficult. You must purchase a work permit, and the employer must prove that they've exhausted all resources finding a Belizean employee before hiring you. Since there is a high unemployment rate right now, there is no shortage of suitable restaurant employees, so that line of work would be tough going for you (as would many other lines of work).

Bottom line, Belize doesn't want to give away its jobs to foreigners - this is quite common in other countries as well. Starting a business, on the other hand, is much easier.

For housing, you can check out this website for rentals:  http://www.redroofpropertymanagement.com/

Good luck! Sharon Hiebing

Greetings from usually sunny but wet today San Pedro!

Drop me an email with your questions - I moved here full-time in Sept, 2001, have gone through all stages from Work Permit, Permanent Resident status to Citizen. Have lived "bac-o-bush" at Chan Chich Resort in the jungle where I was the exec chef, have lived in Belize City but mostly here on Ambergris Caye where I own and run a real estate business - Coral Beach Realty.

Should have answers to most of your questions if not, can point to where answers should be!

After almost 11 years, I have never once regretted my decision to move here!
Bob

Sent an email just now.  Thanks for the contact!

Hi imam a 52 year old grandmother raising my grandson I am on disability my husband past 16 years ago I raised my family worked very hard then cancer got me my daughter lost her to drugs and she chose drugs over the love of my life Daniel life has been hard and I'm tired of being the fighter I have no one I trust the people who my children brought into my home robbed me and so much more and still cause bad things to happen because of my heart but I'm done I have legal custody of him cinch birth he is 8 now in first grade I want to raise him in a simple kind of life he was born to outside be outside all year round and moving abroad would make me healthier physically and mentally having cancer a back operation and so much more that I did not have to deal with but  I do want a great change will my little guy who love the simple life and  being outside year round loves people from anywhere  he will be your friend and me to, so any one who   can give me advice about making this awesome but scary change in my life I would work hard to do this so any information anyone can find for member and hopefully lifeline again I would appreciate any advice.
Thank you for your time

Hi Catherine
Sorry about all your bad life experiences. Belize life may look "simple" from outside. In reality it may not be simple at all. Hasty decisions based on your past life experiences may not be wise.
No body can blame you for wanting to make changes. But I am afraid you may be disappointed

Hi really but living in my home is making me lose the value of life do you have a suggestion for me.thanks

I don't have much and I want to keep what a do have living under the rules of getting help for my grandson is very intrusive and not worth it if it was twenty years ago I would think but not now and I need to learn what would be the place on a fixed income to live my life in.

Hi boy I could use some help and information.
Catherine

Hi I'm Catherine and I would listen and do and any take any information ideas anyone can help me to make this big move with my grandson. 

Thank you Catherine

Catherine...  do you even have legal permission to move your grandson outside the US?  It sounds like you have to follow rules to have custody of him and that's usually one of the restricutions.  Do you both have passports?  Rules for traveling with children have changed significantly in recent years.  Belize is not cheap...  Many homes here have no hot water and life can be difficult for everyone...  but especially those who have no regular income.  I wish you good luck in your struggles.  Keep on keeping on!

Hi Catherine
Good Morning
I would strongly suggest you try to make it in USA. Your benefits from Govt, non profits and Churches may be a thousand time better than what it would be if you try the same in Belize. This won't change even if you bring all  your income from US to Belize. This will be a foreign country to you . There are rules to follow and most of the people in Belize will be strangers to you (some nice and some not so nice). In US at least you know what to expect.
Hope this helps

Hello friend,
plz, join me any group because i am new User  for this site......!!!

Dear, christouly

We will give you the right advice ha Dear Ask your Question..?