Interestings or Cheap items not found outside Vietnam

Hello,

I' m a Spanish boy researching internationaly about:

* Interesting and original things available in every country
* Or much cheaper!!

... and I wonder what kind of such a things can a Spaniard get from Vietnam!

Thanks!!

Francho

The "Ao Dai" is unique to Vietnam:

ao dai   noun    \ŠäōŠdī, Ša-\  Plural: ao dais

Definition : the traditional dress of Vietnamese women that consists of a long tunic with slits on either side and wide trousers

Vietnamese: áo dái

Word etymology/origin:

áo = jacket, tunic (of Chinese origin; akin to Chin (Pek) ao3 jacket)

+

dái = long

Merriam-Webster.com

Here's a link to a YouTube video about them:

Ao Dai Video

Thank You!! Anything else??

FOOD!!!

What kind of food?

Francho wrote:

Thank You!! Anything else??

No problem. 

There are a few other things, such as ceramic handicrafts, silk products and brocades.  While most may not be unique to Vietnam, the Vietnamese have done what they do so well and put their own spin on them (took a product and made it better, or different).

Google Image Search Results:  Unique Products Vietnam

There's also fish sauce.  Again, not necessarily unique, but it's one of the first things I thought of when I saw your post/question.  Like the other products, the Vietnamese have created variations that make the sauces identifiable as being Vietnamese in origin:

Nuoc Cham/Nuoc Mam/Fish Sauce

In generall tailormade clothes are much more cheaper than in Europe.

Coffee is also very good in Vietnam. Especially this one with ice: http://newasiancuisine.com/wp-content/u … ipe-71.jpg

extasia wrote:

In generall tailormade clothes are much more cheaper than in Europe.

Coffee is also very good in Vietnam. Especially this one with ice: http://newasiancuisine.com/wp-content/u … ipe-71.jpg

He's asking for things that usually aren't found outside of Vietnam; things that are Vietnamese.

I was very surprised when I found out that Vietnam is the world's #2 exporter of coffee, behind Brazil and ahead of Columbia.

Vietnam produced 18% of all coffee traded in the world. Colombia produced 8%.

Link

My question is why it's easier to get a good, inexpensive cup of coffee in HCMC than it is in Hanoi?  They obviously love tea more than coffee in Hanoi, which I guess comes from tradition?

Thank you very much for your answers!!!