Should I bring my dog?

Hello all! I have read conflicting viewpoints regarding pets in Kuwait. I have a dog, who is like my child. He is a small dog, about 20 lbs. I'm debating whether I should bring him. My mother has agreed to keep him, if I need to leave him in the US. She has a dog also, and they get along terrifically. I just would miss my baby so much! Lol

Are there good vets there? Are there decent boarding facilities where I could leave him when I travel for a few days here and there? I've read where Kuwaitis aren't very nice to dogs in general. Is this true or just coming from people who had bad experiences? Anyone here have dogs in Kuwait?

And I did not mean for this topic to post to the forum FOUR tImes!! Sorry!

I brought my dogs to Kuwait with me and I don't regret it at all!  Our vet has been wonderful for routine visits (thankfully, we haven't had anything serious to deal with) and we have finally found a wonderful boarding facility.  I would just make sure your company accommodations will allow your dog.  We have had bad experiences while walking, ie children screaming, barking, chasing us, and even throwing rocks but I've just adjusted our schedule to avoid certain times and days of the week.  On the other hand, you will find many people who are amazed by dogs.  They will pull their cars over to show their children, ask to take pictures with them, etc.  Overall, if your dog is generally healthy and used to being home without you during the day, I would recommend bringing him.

If possible I would love to take my cat with me when I go in August.  However, it is not possible because I will have shared housing.  I haven't been to Kuwait yet, but I can just speak from my heart - if you can take your "baby," take him.  It will be like having family - there is nothing sweeter than coming home to a pet that is just happy you are home.  I look at my cat each day and I am almost in tears at the thought of leaving him.  I never thought I would be a "crazy cat lady" but it has happened.

thats one lucky feline lme :)

lme- I feel your pain. I have cried several times looking at my sweet little boy's face. I rescued him from a shelter a couple years ago, and I think he really rescued me! I can't imagine coming home and not seeing his happy face and wagging tail. Btw-I was a "crazy cat lady" before my dog. ;) Animals truly are unconditional love and the best of friends.

Dog_Lover- Good to hear from someone who has taken their babies!

I'm going to have to make the decision after I get there. I was told verbally by the school superintendent that I could keep a dog in the accommodations, but it is stated in the paperwork that pets aren't allowed. :|

If you take your dog to Kuwait make sure it is kept inside or at least in a secure yard. Sometimes dogs get stolen :( Plus cars drive like crazy so it is easy for a dog to get hit (like most places). If you take your dog, keep them close and safe.