Agronomist planning to live in China

Hello there!

I'm Nikos, I come from Nafplio, Greece, and I'm an MSc Agronomist searching for a relative job in China (My MA degree is on Ecology & Environment).
I've heard agriculture is one of the top job-offering fields, but still haven't found anything. If anyone has any tips, I'd be really glad to know!

Thanks a lot,
Nikos

Hi Niko,

My name is Steven, and I found your contact info on the Expat.com forum. I am a Greek-American (born in Greece), who will be relocating to Shanghai in August for work. Do you currently live in China? Can you please provide any info as to whether a Greek expat community exists? Also, do you know of any Orthodox churches in the area? Thank you!!!
Steven

Nikos hi

try contacting the seeds companies and fertilizer companies.

Many of the internationally known companies are here.

Do you have experience or just graduated?

Do you speak Chinese?

Start to do some homework and translate all your recommendations to the local unit of land measurement (Mu) instead of per Ha

That itch is getting unbearable. Just 34 months and my family and I are gone! I still think Shanghai will be our destination and I can't wait to see what it will be like. My wife and son are getting pumped too and love the idea of leaving the norm behind and discovering the abnorm

Hi Sir,

Are you still in China ?

Regards!

Hello Cliss,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that this thread has not really been active since May 2014 and you might not receive any answers here. I invite you to create a new thread with your queries that you may have; on the China forum.

Thank you,

Shaazia
Expat.com Team