Newbie looking for information

Hi everyone.

We are Mike and Maggie.  Currently living and working in London, have done so for the last 7 years, have had enough and have been offerred to work in Kuala Lumpur.

I am a project manager in the rail industry and wondered what the average salary is likely, or should, be?  Or how much would we need to live comfortably?

Cost of living looks a bit less than UK, especially the rental prices for condo's and apartments etc.  A 3 bed flat would be ideal. Any guidance there would be good too.

I have spoken to some Europeans who have lived in MY and haven't had anyone say they didn't like it.  I am an avid photographer, especially of wildlife and natural surroundings, so I am expecting some good subject matter?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Mike Maggie

Hi property cheaper than London but KL is expensive by Asian standards. A good bungalow is 2 million rm

2nd most expensive place in the world for cars, booze is very expensive and designer goods and computers etc are more expensive here. Otherwise most things are cheaper.

A ford fiesta will set you back 25,000 pounds. When I see malaysians eyeing them up in shopping malls I feel bad for them!

Great photography opportunities in Malaysia and SE Asia in general. Great for travel!