Any legal advisors here?

Hello,

I wanted to know if anybody is or knew any legal advisors I can speak with? It's about starting business as a foreigner in Vietnam and I wanted to know the entitlements and the prohibitions that I have as a foreigner...

Thanks,

Sofia

Before wasting your money of a lawyer, read:

Government Help Website < www.business.gov.vn/index.aspx >

Trade - Ho Chi Minh City < www.trade.hochiminhcity.gov.vn/index.jsp?lang=en >

Speak to someone, who has already a business here. As how can or not is also many times discussed here.

As I informed you in other threads, the Kieu Bao Viet office is one of the sources.

Too bad you did not talk to them, apparently. This morning 8AM, they had an info meeting at the Kim Do Hotel to inform Viet Kieus about the investment policy for VKs (including how to open company), the special privileges for VKs, as well as to get feedback from VKs about the policies.

You should contact kieubaoviet.vn
They will consult you about operating business in Vietnam as a foreigner.
Free of charge. It's an office belonging to the Overseas Vietnamese Committees of Ho Chi Minh city.

Tell me if you find helpful information there

Too bad you did not talk to them, apparently

Sometimes, it takes others longer to learn.  We are not all the same, Mi Amigo...

Hello all,

Thanks for your advice. I had already spoken to KieuBaoViet about the citizenship issue, and they've given me the next steps from there, which I am handling. I've consulted their website and saw the services offered. I didn't realize that they also gave advice and information on business starting in Vietnam, so I will soon talk to them again about that when I go to the office in person.

It was not necessary to talk condescendingly to me, but thanks anyway.

Sofia

(ps: I was referring to those who talked in a condescending way. The other people who did not, sorry, I did not mean to address that at you. In any case, I still appreciate everybody's input and advice. Just to make the point clear, I did not ignore the advice you all gave me on the other topic threads, I was just specifically looking for an advisor who could sit down and talk with me and answer all of my legal/business inquiries... I didn't realize KieuBaoViet did that)

sofimofi wrote:

I didn't realize that they also gave advice and information on business starting in Vietnam,

Sofia

Just water under the bridge now but do reread your own thread where you asked about this very topic and I did advise you to go the agency.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=153510

Okay. My bad then. People do forget, in the midst of so many different things going on. I ended up associating that agency with the matter of gaining the citizenship so I didn't remember that it was also a good source for business consulting. And on the services page, I only saw a tab for "Business Registration" and I thought it was only a service for those who wanted to register their business, meanwhile I only wanted consultation.

In any case, I did not intentionally disregard your advice.

sofimofi wrote:

In any case, I did not intentionally disregard your advice.

No problem. Everything is cool.

sofimofi wrote:

I only saw a tab for "Business Registration" and I thought it was only a service for those who wanted to register their business, meanwhile I only wanted consultation.

oh, I told you, you dont need to spend any money or have an additional service to be consulted.
Just call or go straight to their office, consulting is free.
Only if you ask for involving their hands in making any papers/certificates for procedures, they charge.

ps: Why dont you add their Skype? No need to go to the office.

Because you need legal advice. So you should seek for a local law firm licensed to practice in Vietnam.

Regards,

Tam

Hi sofimofi,
I just know an event that may be useful for you, but only if you know Vietnamese.
It's a workshop held by Department of Planning and Investment of HCMC and Overseas VNese Committees. They provide info about doing business in Vnese as a foreigner or an overseas VNese.

It'll be held on Friday, 8th this June, Kim Do Hotel (133 Nguyen Hue Street)

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum please]

Note that only if you know some Vietnamese, it'll be helpful. If not, you shouldn't :)[/b]

Hi Sofia,

I am Lawyer Ahn, vice director of Tri Minh lawfirm in HCM city.

Should you have any questions, please email to me [email protected]/ come to my office 151 Nguyen Dinh Chieu Str, District 3, Ho Chi Minh city.

Bests,

Ahn Nguyen wrote:

Hi Sofia,

Should you have any questions, please email to me [email protected]/ come to my office 151 Nguyen Dinh Chieu Str, District 3, Ho Chi Minh city.

Bests,

Anh, you should check the date at the top of the last post, you will see its 4 years old. There is a good chance that the OP has sorted it out by now.

Oh, sorry, I make a mistakes!

Anh, always check the date of the post next to the posters name, save you time and energy.

Ahn Nguyen wrote:

Hi Sofia,

Bests,

Do you offer service in starting up NPO in Vietnam?

Hi Teronsan,

Yes, I do. What would it do? You can contact me through email ***

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security
Teronsan wrote:

Do you offer service in starting up NPO in Vietnam?

You might want to check out Decree 96/2015/ND-CP which was recently passed.  Good luck!