Teaching English in Spain

I am currently living in Johannesburg South Africa, and i am interested in teaching English in Spain (specifically Barcelona)

I am 22 and have a degree with honours, some teaching experience and I am looking into enrolling for a CELTA teaching qualification which is a type of TEFL qualification that is endorsed by Caimbridge University and seems to be well recognised internationally.

My question is this:
How viable is teaching english in Spain? Are there many jobs available? I am not an EU passport holder and have heard that without an EU passport it is extremely difficult to find well paid work.
If it is possible to find a job teaching english as a non EU passport holder, do the jobs pay well (ie enough to live on comfortably but not extravagantly)

If anyone can give me information about teaching English in Spain/ tell me about your experience teaching English in Spain it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

I am also currently living in Barcelona and received my TEFL certificate here. There were 13 in my class and 8 were able to get jobs. All the places that hire non-EU citizens are about an hour train ride away from central BCN. Most are making 14-19 euros an hour at the language schools and working 10-20 hours a week. The best time of year to look for jobs in Barcelona is September. Don't let me discourage you in any way. Barcelona is an AMAZING city, there is a lot of life in this multi-cultural metropolis and a lot to keep you occupied. However, priority does go to those with EU passports and as long as you are willing to put forth some effort and network you will enjoy Barcelona.