Moving Boroko Port Moresby inPNG

Hi! Im Maria, my husband will move in Boroko Port moresby for work this comming December, I just wanna ask if my husband allow to bring wife in PNG after he get his work permit? coz we have no baby yet, and i'm willing to go with him. Also may I ask how safe in Boroko? Employer offer is A$3,000 +free accomodation, do you think its enough to live/move in Port moresby?what percent is salary tax? How about the cost of living per week? food/groceries per week? electricity? 

Any Filipino here? What are do's and dont's to bring in PNG, please give examples. are cloths are expenssive in png? shoes?

Hope you can help me..Thanks in advance..

Maria

HELLO PO.
MAY ALAM PO BA KAU HOUSE FOR RENT SA MOROKO NA MURA LANG?

parts of boroko are safe others are not.  I would suggest fnding out the details of the property. security fencing? guards etc.  There are many filipinos in PNG currently.  POM is an expensive city.  FOOD is pricey, higher than many countries such as UK, USA etc. because so called 'western' food is imported.  I suggest if you can budget well this should be enough to live on just about but u will struggle...

Hello my family and I are thinking of moving to Papua new guinea, we have a one and a half year old how safe is it over there? And is there much to do from a stay at home mum?

Hi alice family and welcome to the forum!

For better visibility i would suggest you to start a new thread on the Papua New Guinea forum.

Regards
Armand

Thank you