Schools in beirut

we r planning to move to beirut in july 2012.can anyone help me with some information about english medium schools in beirut which do not charge very high fees.we will be moving from pakistan so my children aged7,10,12 do not know arabic.is getting admission in an english school easy.?

Hi sarah nadeem and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Harmonie.

hi

i have the same plan as you have and shall go beirut in august to be settled there.
last month i was there and visited many schools there but the english schools are very expensive lets say USD 10,000 a year.
but you can enroll your kids in a private school about USD 1500 a year with first language Arabic , second language English and third one French. by doing so they will at leat learn fluently the first and second language easily.
donot worry they learn Arabic easily.
this is what i have plan to do next month.

regards
hossein

Dear Sara Nadeem, It has been a while since you have posted. I wonder if you were able to get a response. Or, since you may have moved already, I would appreciate your thoughts on what your experience has been?. I currently live in the U.S. with my two kids, but my other 4 kids and wife are in Pakistan. I am considering a position in Beirut, supposedly well-paid. The major reason for that position is that it will help me in reuniting the family in one place... any guidance for Urdu/English speaking kids with a large family?

Thanks Goldstone2K, your information was helpful as well.

best wishes.
uk