Job Offer Advice > SAR 13,500 PM + 2 bed furnished apartment in JEDDAH

Hi All,

I would be highly obliged if I be given some updated information on COST OF LIVING in JEDDAH for a family of 4 (all adults).

I have been offered FINANCE MANAGER job in Jeddah, KSA for:

1) Monthly Gross Salary = SAR 13,500 CASH
2) 2 Bed Furnished apartment
3) Medical for myself+family

We will maintain a normal (not very HIFI) living standard (as we are accustomed to this here in Pakistan).

Please explain the estimated per month expenses we will be incurring in respect of:

1) Utilities (Electricity + Water + High speed Internet with unlimited download+ any other if any)

2) Grocery/food (once a week DINE OUT for 4 persons)

3) Travelling. I want to Lease a used Honda CIVIC 2009/2010 model. What would be the:
1) down payment
2) monthly installment (with 5 or 3 year lease??)
3) Per month Fuel Cost

Please answer specifically for each item, I would be highly thankful.

Okay, I'm not going to give you a fish; rather, I'm going to teach you how to fish.

http://www.angelfire.com/home/lake/images/1kickfish.gif

You can research yourself by going to TOPIC CATEGORIES and seeing what has already been written about this topic:

https://www.expat.com/forum/534-22-cost … eddah.html

There are many other discussions listed under TOPIC CATEGORIES that you may find interesting.

Best of luck :)

Dear Alliecat,

Thanks for your reply. Actually, i have already gone through all the material you are referring me to, but unfortunately could not get anything specific. I would really appreciate if u could please spare some time to give me specific answers here please.

hkca wrote:

Dear Alliecat,

Thanks for your reply. Actually, i have already gone through all the material you are referring me to, but unfortunately could not get anything specific. I would really appreciate if u could please spare some time to give me specific answers here please.

Hi, well I'm glad you did your homework and sorry for the lecture lol

Your major expense (housing) is included, utilities are fairly minimal and gas is dirt cheap.  As for food, I spend about $100 (400SAR)/mo. but eat lunch at work every day and of course the cost would vary depending on your eating habits.  Eating out depends on where you go--five of us went out to eat last week at a Turkish restaurant and the tab was 125SAR.  Of course, there's a lot of places where you could pay a lot MORE.. and at McDonald's, a lot less :lol:

The guys can help you with the cost of a car.  Not my area of expertise since I'm not allowed to drive :mad:

Best of luck!

@Alliecat :thanks: you really found the missing (I have to know how big is the fish before I do the fishing) http://www.angelfire.com/home/lake/images/1kickfish.gif I guess I already lost the challenge :|

Expat people here prefer 2nd hand/used cars over to the new ones mostly becoz of the prevailing driving style. And a good deal wud set u back by about 30K SAR for the used car. Just forget abt the fuel cost, its cheaper than what you fill right now... may be around 12 times cheap !!!

Enjoy Driving and B safe !!!:)

@ Alliecat
I am very thankful for the time you spared for writing to me. Dear Mamdam, the information you provided is for sure of very much importance for me. I would be highly obliged if you could further extend your kindness in putting some figures against each item keeping in mind an average Pakistani/Indian living style. I am asking all this bcz I have to chart out estimated monthly cash outflow budget to decide upon my offer. 

1)  Utilities

i)  Electricity
ii) Water
iii)High speed Internet with unlimited download
iv) any other expense that can be included in utilities

2) Grocery/food

i)  Grocery expense per month (for a family of 4)
ii) Weekly dine out for 4 persons at an average but good restaurant

@ Saimans:

Thank you very much for this piece of information. I would further appreciate if you could please tell me that whether can i lease a used car (bcz i don't want lump sum cash outflow like 30,000 SAR) ??? if yes, then please tell me:

1) down payment for 1600/1800 cc used car 2009/2010 model
3) Per month Fuel Cost (for daily office travelling and weekly outings, i need just an estimate)

I am asking all this bcz I have to chart out estimated monthly cash outflow budget to decide upon my offer.

I would highly appreciate your replies

Thanks and Regards

I'm sorry, hk, but I can't help you with Indian/Pakistani living style since I'm neither Indian nor Pakistani!  Also, I live on my employer's compound so don't pay for elect., etc. 

I'm sure the others can supply you with the info you need.

Best of luck!

O Madam, Its perfectly alright. Whatever you shared, is an important piece of information for me. I thank you for this favor.

Well, might some other forum member could help me out :)

Go Through this, Prices look at par or just above average....

But forget abt some items shown in the "Markets" Category..

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/ci … rrency=USD

Hope it helps.

Cheers

I believe for car, you can do the down payment upto the extent you can and take the loan for the balance of the amount from a reputed bank. Interest rates are not that exorbitant...

TLL ( an expert on this forum ) might be more helpful for specific answers...:)

Thanks saimans, I have got quite an idea of the things now.

Finally, you think it is somewhat acceptable offer??

hkca wrote:

Thanks saimans, I have got quite an idea of the things now.

Finally, you think it is somewhat acceptable offer??

No Problemo Buddy !! Sorry, But cant say anything for the offer, After all this its for you to decide....

Good Luck Mate !:)

saimans wrote:

TLL ( an expert on this forum ) might be more helpful for specific answers...:)

Was someone missing me here? :whistle:

Going through these threads will help:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=153475https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=143836

Hello SAIMANS, TLL and ALLIECAT,

thank you very very much for all your favor n replies. Thanks a lot. I hope you guys will keep on providing your support.

Hi, and welcom to KSA,

Firsty thing, do not hesitate to ask more.
I'm executive in a Saudi subsidiary of a french group. I hire technicians for 15000 SAR per months. My self, I'm at 46000SAR per month plus car plus house 200m2 3 br.

Thats what it worths because life is tough here.

I live in EID compound , wich is very good for familly. All is designed and orgabised for famillies.

Around are also Cordoba and Arrizona Compounds, similar as EID.

Its better to chose a compound with many inhabitants , because you'll stay there long time, and then the largest it is the more friends you will make.

One us$ is 3.75 SAR (Saudi Rial), one euro is 5 SAR.

There is a big swimming pool with waves, and 4 other pools. One pool is heateed in winter.
There is : bowling, fitness, table tennis, squash, skateboard park, tennis, squash, laundry, shop, hair dresser, dvd rental, restaurand, cafe.

There is also a room for children birthday parties.

Some maids will immmediatly come to you when you arive, they ask 25rial per hour.
Also some guys will come to you for car cleaning every day, which is recommended because of dust , otherwise the car is dusty in 2 days. those car cleaner guys will ask 150 Rials per month. You wake up, your car is clean.

Granada mall is exactly like a western one, you can find all things you find in a western mall. There is a Carrefour supermarket there. The food is cheaper than in europ.

The schools are around those western compounds, and there is a bus system organisation, that will take the children directly at the compound and bring them safely at school.

One advise : book right now, or asap your compound. There are waiting lists. If you have connections with loals, it helps, or through the company of your husband.

The internet is in extra : 500Rials per month.

Around the compound are also many leisures I saw but didn't test, because are for famillies with children. There is something looking like Disney park.

Hifi, Ikea products, western brands products, computers, clothes, are more expensive than is western conutries : 10% to 20% more.

Restaurants, fresh fruits and vegetables, any food product of local brand are much less expensive.

Oil is dramaticly less expensive : imagine the car full tank for less than 5euros, less than 8 US$.

The barber also is much less expensive : 3 Euros for a man hair dress.

Laundry , the same, very cheap : shirt 3 rials.

Be aware a woman can never drive. When she is driven in a car, the driver man must be of her familly name (husband, brother, son ,oncle, ...) or an official professional taxi driver or company driver. If your are catch by Mutawa (the religuous police), they will take you ti jail.

Be aware also of pray time : 5 prys a day. During this prays, of 25 minutes to 45minutes, all shops are closed.

Ok this is what came into my mind roughly now.

If you have questions just ask, If I think of something usefull , I'll write you.

Take care.
Kiss
Yann

yannititou wrote:

Kiss
Yann

:blink:

Hi Iam planning to move to Jeddah as iam a doctor selected through KSA health ministry .I will be going with 2 kids of 8 and 12 yrs age .What are the difficulties faced by female and can I manage budget in 9330 SR per month .I will be getting 3 basic salaries as accommodation allowance .Do female resident doctors in family medicine get night duities.plz reply and thanks

Let me see if I can help you through my exp, im an Indian but x from Pakistan nor India. I am from Malaysia.

1)  Utilities

i)  Electricity
2 bedroom flat comes to about 100 SAR
ii) Water
Usually its free as included in the rent
iii)High speed Internet with unlimited download
STC 100mbps for 14 months at SAR 1400. About 100 SAR per month.

2) Grocery/food

i)  Grocery expense per month (for a family of 4)
About SAR2000
ii) Weekly dine out for 4 persons at an average but good restaurant
About SAR250

1) down payment for 1600/1800 cc used car 2009/2010 model
Depends. Usually those years cars are cash. About 25K
2012 Yaris 30k, 4years lease at SAR855 per month.Do your maths accordingly.
3) Per month Fuel Cost (for daily office travelling and weekly outings, i need just an estimate)
SAR100

Hopr it helps

Hi

I am selected as Treasury Manager slelcted for an employer in jeddah.

Hope you have got lot of information as more or less we both r on same track.

If you can shre the information with me it will help me to decide.

Thanks & Rgds

SSK2