Is Bahrain mail system trsutworthy

Hi all
I am hoping to move  to Bahrain soon, and as  a keen shopper on ebay here in my home country the Uk, I am just wondering if I can continue to do so in Bahrain, basically my question is about the postage system in Bahrain, if it  is safe enough for delivering mail order and on-line purchased items
regards
khalid

yah u can and feel free to do it all the time
u can use aramx or fedex even ups ;)
and dont forget DHL they all serve in same things ;)

welcome to bahrain

Hi Khalid and welcome to the forum,

Actually, nobody uses the national mail system for parcels or urgent letters. Everything goes through couriers and A.Hubail gave you the list of the best ones.
Compared to Europe, they are cheaper but it depends on the "from....to" scheme of course.
Amazon shop & ship is excellent and offers good service for the price paid from US or UK to Bahrain.

Cheers

Olivier

thanks guys

If you do use Bahrain Post services for packages/parcels, be aware that it can be long overdue than the expected arrival date. I've had a number of incidents where the merchandiser sent it through the country's mail system and I was waiting for it for weeks and weeks. I got a call from the post office after a month!
Went to pick it up and took about an hour to find it, open it and check the items! Never again.

Ledal I would say Aramex is much better option as they will deliver it to your door.  Or you can check out TNT which is much less expensive then Aramex but I believe the sender has to send it TNT.  Aramex is how I send everything from USA to Bahrain the normal mail is great though in my opinion.  But definitely on ebay Id use Aramex which they will give you an address in USA and UK I believe and you give the sender that Address and they send it there and Aramex forwards it to your Bahrain Address.

hi there Khalid, i just saw you post, I am researching into shipping a new mountain bike from the UK, I am also a keen online purchaser, can you tell me your experiences since making this post, Thanks

dazzadarule wrote:

hi there Khalid, i just saw you post, I am researching into shipping a new mountain bike from the UK, I am also a keen online purchaser, can you tell me your experiences since making this post, Thanks

Aramex seems pretty good for online purchases - you have to be a member and then you pay per kg of weight.  I know Josnuggles uses it and we have just opened an account too as we have an internet shopper in the form of a 17 year old!

Shipping a mountain bike via Aramex can be extremely costly. I use Aramex (Shop & Ship) a lot and do recommend it. However, I can ensure you the cost for delivery will be almost the same if not pricier of than the mountain bike itself. I would get quotes from number of companies.

Dazza, did you check out wiggle.co.uk for mountain bikes - they have the shipping rates to Bahrain that might give you some idea about costs.

I think aramex is a good service but their postage charges are pretty steep. Josuggles was kind enough to let me use her account and for a pair of boots from the USA the postage was 17bd and somehow they ended up in Doha - so funny.

I have a PO Box here and I haven't had any problems receiving mail from all over - Australia, China, Malaysia, USA, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, UK etc. Many online sites ship free to Bahrain too. I was thinking of trying to put a list together.