From Italy to KL :)

Hi everyone,
my hubby and I are moving to KL from Rome Italy for about 1 year. We both work from home so we don't need to commute to the center for work. Even-thought the city center is very interesting, we both can't stand the noise and confusion. Our best option is to live outside KL center and lease a car. Any suggestions on safe areas to find apartment rentals and best car leasing options?
Greeting from Rome:)

Ciao!
Come stai?
Would you like a place that has easy transport access or just somewhere peaceful and away from the crowds? Do you prefer an expat or family neighbourhood?
KL has too many options. If you have a set budget that would be a good start :)

Ciao themel,
tutto bene, grazie :)
Thank you for your reply! If we could find something that has public transportation and is not in the city that would be great. Otherwise I think we would prefer sanity and tranquility versus the commodity of public transportation. I think it impossible to find something in the center that is quiet. Our budget is R3000 for a furnished flat. We don't really know the difference between an expat or family neighborhood but as long as it is safe. The last time we visited KL for a month we stayed in Jalan Pudu. The apartment was wonderful on the 30th floor but there was constant noise from the outside(buses, trains ect) and the neighbor upstairs. I can deal with that for a month but not 1 year :)
Grazie tanto for your help :) Ciao!

Prego :)

I once stayed at this exotic, kampung style place called Kampung Warisan for a couple of years: first at a duplex (two rooms, two entrances) and later on a three+one after the duplex nearly got burnt down cos of short circuit from the aircon in the living room! Lucky our lease was almost up! :D

Another option would be Seri Maya, a condo that's built a few yrs after I moved out of Kg Warisan.  It's decent too. They're both right next to each other in Setiawangsa, off Jln Ampang which means you're mere minutes away from the city centre via the LRT (train) that's smack in front of both condos. 10 minutes tops, yet you're nowhere near noise, which you're looking for.

When are you planning on moving to KL?
I wouldn't suggest Pudu as it's majorly congested. An expat area would be something like Mont Kiara, which you may find difficulty in terms of transport with. I would also recommend Bangsar and the new Sentul but you have to pick out those that aren't on the main road for peace of mind :)

Thank you soooo much! Wonderful info!
It's amazing we stayed in Kampung Warisan too for a week. We loved it, Amazing location but unfortunately they spray pesticides several times a week and it made us ill! :(:(

If everything goes as we planned we should be there by Mid-End June:)

We'll check Seri Maya. Heard good things about Mt Kiara and Bangsar. Our best option is to spend few weeks looking around with a real estate agent. (I've noticed that the majority of house rental ads don't post photos.i.e iproperties.com)

These days one of my missions is to find the best available deals for long term car rentals.

Thank you so much for all your help!
Ciao :)

Oh wow..haha..how coincidental is that! I was at Kampung Warisan back in 1999-2001 so I guess it must have changed quite a bit since then, though it still maintains its look from outside.

Yes, go and check out Seri Maya, Mt Kiara and Bangsar. I may have a friend who's an agent, so I could check with her if you'd like. She stays in Sentul, and I just love her apt! It's about 7 minutes away from KL Sentral via the new road :)

I'm afraid I can't help you with the car rental bit, but all the best in your search when you get there!

Hi FromRome, don't forget that for the apartment, you may also post an advert in the section Housing in Kuala Lumpur, it may help.;)

Harmonie.

The noisiest place I ever stayed in was in the "jungle" and those frogs - millions of them oooting all might drove me crazy! Oh for the quiet city life lol

PJ has nice quite suburbs just get off main road. Condos seem full of idiots who move furniture a lot in Malaysia and I recommend a house. Mont kiara is a concrete hell hole in my opinion but some love it. Traffic is also bad and no one disagrees with that !  If you don't need to commute then pj would be good.

One warning don't do business in Malaysia and expect to pay no taxes. If you work from homes it's taxable. And you would be breaching visa rules without a work permit.

LOL LOL LOL poor frogs or poor you!:):) You are so funny Nemodot! Thanks for the warning about taxes. That is all settled. I think we pay more taxes than anyone I know. Better safe than sorry ;)

Thank you all for the super wonderful advice. Thanks Harmonie, when we have specific dates I'll post an add.
themel I'd love to meet your real estate agent, the more info the better.

Ciao :)