Iqama Transfer

Hello Everyone,

I have shifted to KSA on a permanent basis on 1st March 2012.

I was under my father's sponsorship for 8 years, But now i got my Student Visa transferred to a Fire Fighting Establishment just about a month ago.

I have completed my Graduation in the IT Field and would love work for a IT company in Saudi Arabia.

I told my employers that I am finding it Difficult to adjust in the Fire Fighting Industry, they say that they will give me a release letter if i don't want to continue working with them.

Now my Question is it possible to get my Iqamah Transferred if get another Job in a better Company?

Or will i have to complete 2 years with my current Employers ?

Hi sageerparkar!

Welcome to Expat.com

Armand

You have to complete two years for sponership transfer,and you also need No Objection Letter from your current employer. Normally companies are not giving No Objection letter. in this case you have to go back to your home country and get the new visa stamped from there.

No offense A_K.

While advising on legal matters, we must ensure:

- The info we are providing is updated [Rules in KSA change overnight]
- Correct as per the best of our knowledge + experience.
- Advise with responsibility. Misleading info may screw up someone's life and/or career.

A_K. wrote:

You have to complete two years for sponership transfer

If you want to change your sponsorship, the first requisite is: You MUST have completed at lease ONE year with your current sponsor. This is applicable to ALL; no matter new arrivals or old residents.

A_K. wrote:

and you also need No Objection Letter from your current employer. Normally companies are not giving No Objection letter.

There are 2 similar letters.

1- No Objection Letter (NoC)
2- Sponsorship Transfer Letter (Khitab Tanazul).

NoC was required a few years back if you took final exit from your employer and you wanted to come with a new visa. It's no more required by any saudi embassy/consulate in the world (to the best of my knowledge). Anyone can go exit and come back on a new visa without any wait time or NoC.

The second kind of letter (Khitab Tanazul) is sponsor's consent on transfer of sponsorship. All employees need it for legal procedures. Every sponsor has to give it; or he must allow a final exit.

@sageerparkar,
Your iqama transfer process can start once you complete one year with these fire fighters Est. But this must NOT stop you from looking for and joining a new job. Your new company have to agree with you that your sponsorship transfer must be requested after 1 year.

Thank you TheLegendLeads for correction. Next time I will be careful for legal advice.

Thanx a lot guys for the Legal Advice :):D:)

Dear All,

I came to KSA on April 19, 2012 with employment visa (valid for 3 months). I have applied for iqama but not yet received. Suddenly i fall in sick and doctor recommended to go back to india for treatment. I request my company for the same. my company informed my sponser in riyadh and my passport with labor department. There are trying to get back by passport and still in process for last 1 week. can u suggest how much time it will take and what is the procedure for exit from here for taking medical treatment.

pandiya wrote:

Dear All,
can u suggest how much time it will take and what is the procedure for exit from here for taking medical treatment.

No one would be able to give you the time frame for that procedure. However, to leave this country you need to have a passport and Exit/Entry visa or exit visa with you. Untill then I can't see anyway you can leave this country. Do talk to your employer, they might find a way to help you.

Companies usually sort out these type of emergencies (where exit is immediately required) in 24hrs time, provinding with the single entry/exit visa, surely with the passport and iqama already in place. Unfortunately I cant see any breakthrough in your case. I might be wrong. So wait for others to answer.

Good Luck Bro.

Thank u for valuable information. i asked my company they are saying they have submitted my documents through agency. now they asked to stop iqama process and release the passport. can u suggest me wht they are saying is correct and what is the procedure

I been here for almost 3 months, next week its my 3 months but until now my employer is not providing me the iqama, they always said next week but until now im still waiting. im afraid once when i go to other place to meet my cousin what if the police ask my iqama i dont have any id to present. please help. to i need to be afraid?

-btw, how much is the tooth extraction here im in qatif.

Nice Info Sharing...
@TheLegendLeads
---*** Can you please quote the authenticity of 1 year wait for Sponsorship Transfer and not 2 years.
Rgds,

it's my second transfer on my current employer, now my 2 year contract is finish already, if i ask for a release, does my employer has the right not to give me release or do i have right to insist for my release?

Hi Expat guru.

I am in Jeddah almost 2 years to complete and my Iqama is going to expire in December 2012. My Kafeel is in Riyadh and I have taken relevant documents from him for transfer of sponsorship to a firm here in Jeddah. Its been 2 weeks that I have submitted my documents along with Original Iqama and passport to them and still no news on the transfer. Calling them regularly but they say its in process. My concern is

1) How long does the transfer of sponsorship procedure take to complete?
2)Now that 3 months are remaining for the Expiry of my Iqama, is it the right time that I have given my documents for transfer or it could have been delayed?
3) My kafeel keeps calling every alternate day enquiring about the situation. He thinks that I am lying to him and also wants my Iqama copy and Passport copy for reference. I have no idea what's on his mind? I have no other answer but to inform him to wait for 2 day's or more.

I am stuck up with this situation and have not gone on vacation for almost 2 years now.

Your valuable advice and information would be really appreciated in this regards.

Ishraq
Jeddah