Expat female from Europe in Male

I have some offer to work in Male with travel agency.

Is it dangerous  to live in Male for female expat from Europe?
Sure,I have an experience with Maldives before,but I worked in resort.

Is it food really expensive in Male?

hi Olena,

congratulations on your new job, food is not expensive in male, but totally depends on where you want to dine.

good luck.. :)

mooch wrote:

hi Olena,

congratulations on your new job, food is not expensive in male, but totally depends on where you want to dine.

good luck.. :)

Hello mooch,I still didnt take my decision about work in Male as well I have an offer in Resort.But tell me more please about Male.
Is it safty for female expat?

Hi Olena,

its safe to work on male, i have a lot of friends who are working on male, in terms of safety i do not think there is any issue, other things like accommodation / food depends totally on one's personal needs/demands.

ask them about your accomodation, this is very important...

I read in a few forums foreign women complaining about sexual harassment by Maldivians, being touched and grabed.
Have you heard about that?

Thanks

Hi Olena,

I am also an expatriate here in the Maldives but I work in a resort.

Regarding your question about your safety in Male, I totally agree with Mooch. You will be safe in Male, but of course in everything you do you just have to do it with pre-cautions. Like the type of clothes you will be wearing. Some men, yes they grab your ass but thank-God it did not happen to me. The moment you start walking around Male, just make sure that you use a bag to protect your "boobies" because sometimes they really do it on purpose.

For food prices, you can find a lot of variety of food with very good value of prices. They have cheap restaurants that serve Asian cuisine to Italian.

Is your accommodation provided by the company? As far as I know, its either you stay in Male or in Hulhumale or could be in Villingili (mostly for travel agencies).

:)

mooch wrote:

Hi Olena,

its safe to work on male, i have a lot of friends who are working on male, in terms of safety i do not think there is any issue, other things like accommodation / food depends totally on one's personal needs/demands.

ask them about your accomodation, this is very important...

I agree with Mooch Olena :)