Recruitment Business in China

Hello all,

I am hoping some of you maybe able to provide some practical insight which will of course be very helpful!
I currently run a recruitment business in the UK but also have business interests in China with an established export business in Zhuhai. I have often thought that setting up a recruitment business in China would be an excellent prospect but also understand that the Chinese Market is somewhat different to that of the UK! I intend to set up a business that recruits mid to senior level management positions within the Construction, property and engineering markets throughout China (similar to our current UK Market) and employ English and Manderin speaking Chinese as the consultants.

My question is however is thus, do you have any experience or knowledge of the growing recruitment/business's  market in China?
Do you know any recruiters that are in your network?
Do your current company currently use recruitment business for senior level appointments and if so what experience did they have?

I appreciate this is very vague, but any information would of course be very useful. Similarly, if anyone has any interest in being involved in a HR/Recruitment business then please be in touch!

Kind Regards

Henry Clarke

Hi and welcome to Expat.com Henry !

I hope other members will be able to help you soon.

Regards
Armand

Thanks Armand!

I appreciate that also in China you term recruitment businesses as Headhunters, a term we don't use so much in the UK

Many thanks

Henry

Hi Henry,

do u want hunting the managers in Construction, property and engineering markets to go to UK or just work in China?

Ivy

Hi Ivy,

I am hoping to expand my business to set up a China office to recruit/headhunt within China for China based opportunities/ jobs. The construction and engineering market is booming in China and so my business would be a recruiter to the growing Chinese market.

Henry

in Guangzhou (or we could say in China) there is 2 famous companies for people to apply jobs, one is job168, to me this one is not for senior,but they have one big job market centerp; the other is 51job, this company is start the receiment from the newspaper, but now all they concentrate on the website to selling their service. Of course still have some other company working for this business, i just make 2 for example.