Looking for runners and places to run in HCMC!!!!

Hello;
I have been living here for 3 months; I just found one place to run near An Phu;
Anybody would be ok to jog with me?
I can only run on evenings from 7.30 or 8pm
please be informed that I`m not a professionnal runner! I rarely run more than 45min!
thanx

i just saw people running in some parks in dist 1.wanna join with u but i'm not good at running:))))
have fun^^

I often run at night in district 7. The town is called Phu My Hung, it's a really nice place to run and there're a lot of expats around here. Shoot me a message in my inbox if you are interested in joining me

Hi Lilly. I am a beginner runner also living in Q3. I can jog in the park with you if you like. My number: 01282891002.

Erin

Depends how early/late you want to go! I usually run on the streets in a circuit of Q1+3 either late at night or early morning to avoid the traffic. It's not too bad, you meet a lot of interesting people and it's better than running in circles in the park! Feel free to contact to join

there's a small stadium with an oval by the end of Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street (District 1) just across the HTV Chanel Station. there's an outdoor basketball court, provisions for volleyball and table tennis i guess. there's also a gym for lifting free weights, not so much machines though; but its a nice place to run. many students have their physical education classes there but many adults go there to burn it out as well.

Hi! everybody.
I have been living in An phu, Q2. I often run early morning. I think if you have more time in the morning. you should try it. it's really nice place, fresh air, and have more expat running there.

i can't run, i'm just like go to walk and fast walking, near my home is LeVanTam park, dist.1, i used to go there after finish work, about 6pm so have anybody enjoy with me :)

Hi tramanh16101!
i had ever lived in Dien bien phu street near your place for 2 years and running alot from 6h30 to 8pm.Now i have just moved to An phu Q2 to work. I think that Le van tam part is one of the best place in HCM city for people who want to run there.I hope one day maybe i come back and joint with you. Nice to meet you!you can contact me or you can give me your phone number, email.
[email protected]

Hi Mateo!

We are a bunch of friends running regularly in An Phu on week days, often around 7.30pm after work.

You'd be welcome to join us, just send me your email ID and I'll add you to the running loop.

Cheers,

Nicolas

I'd really love to run but I can't seem to get pass the heat.  How do you guys do it?  I need to exercise as I'm eating too much here.  The food is awesome.

join the HASH if the still aroud Caravel Hotel.Run n drink, enjoy.

Hi Nicolas (and all...) i now live in thao dien, very interested for joining a group of runners, right
my mail: [email protected]
see ya!

Hi Lilly

Pls contact me when you will run at that park ^_^. I would love to have friend for jogging.

Thank u

This is a great post! I will be starting work in district 3 from July 15, 2012 onwards. Hope to find a jogging partner. I am not a professional but i run 6 km in about 30-32 minutes. If you guys dont mind let me know if there is space to accommadete me this Sunday (do let me know place and time).

Hi there, I'm staying on van kiep street and would be really interested to join the run either in d1 or d2. would be good if there was a place where i can park my motorbike and then go for the run. please contact me at 0120 365 7224, dathan.

cheers!

There are some good runs/cyclo races to raise money for charity and awareness.
Terry Fox run- Saigons Children Society or for fun Saigon Hash House Harriers.
(Meet every Sunday at the Caravelle Hotel in District 1, HCMC. The bus leaves promptly at 2:00 pm on most days.)
I thing a great opportunity to meet people and get some advice about your sport.
Yes you should be careful where you run (motorbikes).
Most of the locals do their runs/exercise in the park early morning 5am, you can enjoy them
As well as participate/learn in other sports. Have a good health.
Sorry I'm a long distance walker, used to be runner.

You can join us here
facebook.com/groups/sundayrunningclub/

Yeah, it's very good to practice 'run' here. So we can escape when the price hike maximum:D

Hi everyone,
I'm a beginning runner and I would like to take running more seriously to loose weight (of course :p) and train for a Haft Marathon next year and many years afterward. If anyone live near district 5,6,11, we can run in Phu Tho horse racing, I can do it at 7pm-8pm. Give me a shout if you are interested in training and participating a haft marathon together, maybe a 10K racing or even 3K is OK too…

Hi !
Let me inform you that a Half Marathon, a 10 K and a 5 K should be held in march 2nd in Thu Duc Golf.(The Spring race )
It is a good opportunity to run together for the fun !

i want to join!!! :)

Hi !
To get more information about the Spring Race, you can join me at the adress: springrace2014[at]gmail.com
Hope to see you on this event !

Me too

hi there, wondering if this blog is still going. looking for a running club in ho chi minh city and phatsnguyen blogged about the Facebook group "sunday running club". is this group still going?

Thanx

Hi kerenw,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that you posted on an old thread.

Why don't you start a new discussion on the Ho Chi Minh City forum for better interaction?

Have a nice day,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Hey guys,
i heard there is a color me run coming up in hcmc this April. Would be anyone interested to join with me?

Anyone in District 5? I usually jog at 5h30 or 6h every morning. Hope someone could join :)

I run in district 3 all the way to to district 1 market and back. I run pretty early in the morning around 6-7 am

Does anyone know of a running group or want to start running around district 7 in the evenings? I am not a great runner since im usually in the gym but want to start training outdoors!