Where to play VOLLEYBALL!?

No play on Saturday 16th, sorry. Will post here about the next play later on.

Saturday 23d of November: play at 4pm in Thao Dien!

Next Saturday, 7th of Dec: play as usual at 4pm!

Dear all, I will be out of town on 14 and 21st of Dec. If you count to come, send me a private message or post here before friday 13th NOON so that I can arrange everything for the 2 weeks to come.

No play on the 14 and 21st!

See you soon and Merry Christmas!

We will play with Saigon Nippon team in Phan Dinh Phung stadium, Disctrict 3, on Sunday 26 Jan!

Note that this is the men's team practice and ladies one:
9:30-11:15 for ladies
11:15-12:30 for men

but the ladies are welcome to join the men's game as well.

Feel free to come and ask Naito, he is the team leader and he knows that some people from us can show up.

The address is:

75, Nguyen Dinh Chieu street, Dist 3.

Hello Andrei,
My name is Tim, are you guys still playing in D2 on saturdays? Any indoor court? I have church on sunday mornings
Please let me know
Tim

Dear all,

Happy New Year!

We can play this Saturday 8th of February in District 2 on the open air court. PLEASE REPLY if you come because if we have less than 6 people it will not happen and we will cancel.

Dear all!

Good news!

We play:

Saturday 8th of Feb in District 2, 4pm, and also
Sunday 9th of Feb, 9:30am ladies, 11:00 men, District 3!

See you soon!

Dear all!

Schedule for coming days:

Saturday, 15th Feb: District 2, 16:00 - 18:00: PLEASE REPLY if you can come, this needs to be confirmed if we have enough players!

Sunday, 16th of Feb, District 3, 9:30 ladies, 11:00 men : CONFIRMED! All are welcome!

Tuesday, 18th of Feb, District 3, 19:30 - 21:30: I try to book the District 3 court, but we need enough players, PLEASE REPLY if you can come!

(I will send you directions in private message)

Hi Andrei, s it possible for beginner to join on Saturday? Thank you.

born2share wrote:

Hi Andrei, s it possible for beginner to join on Saturday? Thank you.

Yes, possible, but I need to confirm once we have enough players! Can you come this Saturday?

Hmmm, sorry that I've just checked the post, see you next Saturday!

We did not play today (not enough players), but we do this Sunday. For next Saturday, check the forum! Send me your e-mail through private message if you want to be on the mailing list.

Dear all,

No volley today: we do not have enough people to play.

Please come on Saturday District 2, 16:00 and Sunday District 3, 11:00!

Dear all,

We do play Saturday District 2 16:00

and Sunday Distrcit 3, 11:00am

See you there!

PS no news for Tuesday yet, I will inform you.

Dear all,

We do play Saturday District 2 16:30 (NOTE : change of time as 16:00 is still too hot at this season). There will be no additional confirmation, just come to play if you feel like it!

and Sunday District 5, 13:00 (NOTE : change place and time!!!)

See you there!

Dear all, this weekend we play with Saigon Nippon team,
16th March
Time  : 11:00-14:00

Univercity of Education
Dai Hoc Su Pham;
Address: 225 Nguyen Van Cu, Dist.5

Hi my name is Alexis.

I'd like to play volley-ball as well if it's not too late.
I give you my adress mail: [email protected]

Thank you very much :D

Yes, we do play almost every week! Do you want me to include you in the mailing list?

Check also here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VolleyBallSaiGon

This Sunday we play in District 3, Phan Dinh Phung stadium, together with Saigon Nippon team. Send me a private message for directions!

Hello.  Me too.  I am looking for a place to play and improve volleyball in HCMC.  Any idea?

We are playing with Saigon NIppon team this Sunday in Phan Dinh Phung stadium, dist3, 11am! I cannot come, but you can ask Ken once you are there! Nguyen Dinh Chieu street.

Dear friends, i am volleyball couch from Serbia and i would like to try working in your Country. Any ideas, contacts, etc...?

Dear all, I am leaving Vietnam in August. Saigon Nippon will not play till September. PLease follow up the volley activity here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/VolleyBallSaiGon/

Hi Andrei,

Thank you for your help to find a volleyball group, and sorry to hear that you will be leaving Vietnam.  Wishing you all the best.

hi There,

Living in Dist 7, and it s been a long time I didnt touch any ball. DO you have any weekly plan to play ?

Have a nice day

I'm not aware of anything in D7, but D3 has a regular game Sunday mornings. It will start up again at the end of the month. Here's the FB group if you'd like to join. https://www.facebook.com/groups/VolleyBallSaiGon/

Volleyball will resume this Sunday, August 31.

Women start at 9:30am, men at 11:00-11:15.
Location: Phan Dinh Phung stadium, 75, Nguyen Dinh Chieu street, District 3. (note that there are 2 courts: ask local people if you cannot find)

In case you haven't played since we were on the concrete outdoor court in D2, things have changed--for the better! Now, women and men play separately at different net heights. The facilities are also way better. The court is indoors (you can dive) and there's a bin of warmup balls. More importantly, the games occur regularly because they are organized by the Saigon Nippon team. The skill level remains fairly high.
Cost is VD100,000.

Hello howietp

Could you please place an advert in our section Events, Activities, Leisure in Ho Chi Minh City ?

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hello all,

I live in D5 and would love to get involved in some VBall. howietp, Can I just show up on the courts at Nguyen Dinh Chieu? What about this sunday group in D3? who can I contact about joining these games?

Hi Thirdkieu,

Yes, you can just show up, but this Sunday there's a different location and time.
Time: 11:00~13:00
Location: 18 XUAN HONG STREET,TAN BINH DISTRICT (near the airport)

Please join our FB group for weekly updates.
- facebook.com/groups/VolleyBallSaiGon/?fref=nf

Thanks Howietp.

Im in Bangkok working til wednesday so wont make it this wknd.

Is there any volleyball today, Sat. Oct. 18th?

Tung

Not that I know of. We're not playing tmr either.

ok. thanks bro...

Wow...It been 2 years since I started this volleyball post, I'm so glad it still going and that so many people are contributing and helping each other out.  Well, I'll be in Vietnam again this Jan and Feb, I'm excited to play with you guys!  :top:

Howietp, I join the Volleyball Saigon fb group. Is there a fee to play with you guys? I'm staying in D3, so hopefully I can play with you guys often.

Hi all,

I'm visiting from Austin, TX and visiting family here in HCMC for the next 7 weeks.  I did a search to see if there's any pickup volleyball and found this thread from 2 years ago.  Is there any update for playing pickup?  What's the fee, time, location, etc.?  I usually play sand in Texas, but, really, I'd just love to play!  And meet some new friends.  :-) Any information would be great, thank you!

Lien

Jayde_Lotus wrote:

Hi all,

I'm visiting from Austin, TX and visiting family here in HCMC for the next 7 weeks.  I did a search to see if there's any pickup volleyball and found this thread from 2 years ago.  Is there any update for playing pickup?  What's the fee, time, location, etc.?  I usually play sand in Texas, but, really, I'd just love to play!  And meet some new friends.  :-) Any information would be great, thank you!

Lien

Hey Lien,

Check out this saigon volleyball fb group
facebook.com/groups/VolleyBallSaiGon/

I'm also visiting for several weeks and planning to play with them a few times. When are you going to be in Saigon? I'm there Jan - end of Feb. Maybe we can be partner or pepper together or something lol. I'm Nhan btw =]

Thanks jokester. I am currently in Vietnam and leave on Jan 17th. I will be traveling around here and there, but maybe I'll catch you when you are here. I've joined the fb page, thank you!

Hi All!

I'm visiting from California and will be in HCMC from Dec30-Jan11.  I would love to get as much volleyball play in while I'm visiting.  Please let me know where I can play.

I'll be staying in D1 but don't mind traveling! 

Thanks!
T