Saudi Work Visa process for British Nationals

Hi,
I was offered a job in Feb 2012 and now, I am being told that the visa processing is still in progress. It's been 8 weeks now, but still I have not received the visa from the company. I was told last week that the documents are with SABIA, and will have to go through 2 more departments, before the visa is issued.
Does anybody know how long it takes for the visa processing in Saudi Arabia for British Nationals? This is for an executive role with a MNC in Riyadh.

Cheers

Have you done your medical yet? Nothing happens in a hurry here as you will see if you read the threads there is more than a few on this same topic. You need medical and any certificates you are needing attested before you can apply for for visa.(The company will have to apply for the visa allowance before this) It is good to use an angency rather than trying to get everything done yourself. And if your company say it is happenning then all you can do is wait

I've just received my visa and fly out to Saudi on Thursday. I signed my offer acceptance on the 6th January, so just a few days short of 4 months!

My comapany used an agent in London to get things processed i.e. medical (which I had about 10 weeks ago), document attesting etc.

The process was fairly quick once the agent received all the necessary paperwork from Saudi.

Ask your HR department for an update, they are not the fastest but they should give you a response.

Hello all,

I've been reading around and came across this forum so i thought i would ask a couple of question, since, it seems you folks have been through what I am currently about to embark on.

I have had a job offer and everything has been processed visa wise from the MOFA from my saudi sponsor for a teaching job in an international school, I had everything handed to me including my contract, stamped by the Saudi Chamber and by the school, as well as a copy of the MOFA application... all this was done whilst I was in KSA visiting on a family visit visa.

I am now back in the UK, i recently obtained my medical from a private GP in london (Harley street) and am sending it to the FCO in MK for legalising, the questions i have are as follows:

1) According to the KSA embassy site at www.saudiembassy.org.uk, points 3. in section 2 (Home > About Diplomatic Mission > Consulates > Consulates Services > Other Visas Services > REQUIREMENTS FOR WORK VISAS )Applicants should provide: a letter of introduction from the sponsor in Saudi Arabia, COPY of employment contract, COPY of academic qualification certificates and C.V.

does this mean i dont need to get my degree legalised by the FCO?

If i am reading this correctly, the only document i need to send to the FCO for lagalisation is my MEDICAL? im sure I read somewhere that i had to have my degree also legalised? please advise... also should i send in a copy of my contract or the one that was actually stamped by the chamber in Saudi.

2) I was surprised at how quickly the school i worked for managed to arrange all the paperwork... they got everything turned around from the chamber and mofa within 2-3 working days... When i return to KSA on my own, I need to apply for my wife and two daughters to come over, i've been told by the school that this process should take no more than 2-3- weeks, does this mean they have some 'inside contacts'? (my wife is also due to start working at the school (under my sponsorship) by sep 1 2012, for whic she has a seperate signed contract...! ive heard it normally takes several months for this... how do you think this will play out?

Many thanks again!

Adam

theitexpert wrote:

According to the KSA embassy site at www.saudiembassy.org.uk, points 3. in section 2 (Home > About Diplomatic Mission > Consulates > Consulates Services > Other Visas Services > REQUIREMENTS FOR WORK VISAS )Applicants should provide: a letter of introduction from the sponsor in Saudi Arabia, COPY of employment contract, COPY of academic qualification certificates and C.V.

does this mean i dont need to get my degree legalised by the FCO?

If i am reading this correctly, the only document i need to send to the FCO for lagalisation is my MEDICAL? im sure I read somewhere that i had to have my degree also legalised? please advise...

Hello Adam,

I have never had to have my accountancy certificates attested over the last six years of being in the Middle East.

I have only had to either supply copies or show the originals but saying that everywhere is different!

Good luck!

Took me less than a week in London including medical.

Hello Adam,

I am planning to also teach in Saudi Arabia and the consular agency which my school put me in touch me also advise that they just need copies of my certificates.  I was surprised as previously I have had to have my certificates notorised, and legalised by the FCO and the foreign embassy.

I just wondered if you are still in KSA and any advice you can share regarding the visa or living in KSA.  I will be working in Riyadh.

Thanks for your view.

Sophia