Seeking Musicians to Collaborate with :)

Hello All,

I am a singer/ songwriter seeking an artist to help me to musically bring my lyrics off of the page and into listeners ears! if you have interest, please respond and include your instrument that you play or Software that you use. I have posted this in classifieds, but the last post on there was from early last year. Hopefully this will help me find some leads if anything. If anyone has any advice of where else I may find this information please correct me.

Thank you!

Nomadica a.k.a Britt

hi there i am a guitarist and also write songs,would love to join your music jamming,would love to hear your music..cheers!

Onyx

Hi Nomadica,

I'll be moving to Mauritius next month and want to keep the music going when I get there.

I currently play on the folk music scene around London and on the folk and traditional Irish music scene when I'm at home in Dublin.
I also write me own Singer-Songwriter type stuff and sing for an Indie Band in London.

So yeah! I'd definitely like to hook up when I get there. I was  kinda worried I might not be able to find a music scene when I arrived so it's good to see this post. I play guitar, sing and play some traditional Irish instruments aswell like whistles & bodhrán (traditional Irish drum).

What instruments do you play and what music are you interested in?

hi guys we could meet up here in mauritius and play some music,i have write 9 songs here in mauritius and also need to do recording.
you can message me about the meet ups,I am an expat working as a professional in the island but not as a musician,music is my hobby and outlet..cheers!!

Onyx

in tamarin (at my house) we have sunday jam sessions and musicians are welcome to come and plug in and play :)  we have full sound so all you need to bring is your instrument/voice!
then once a month we have a featured band, this month on the 12th may, it is "fusional mind" with steve laridain.
if you would like to find out more, just send me a message or find our page/group on facebook: "Santosha Refuge" :)
xxxx

hi purplepixie,nice to do the jamming how much do i need to pay?where in tamarin?can you pm me your number?so that i will call you how to get there...tnx cheers!!!

Onyx

Hi,

I play all Percussion instruments, and would love to jam up with you'll.

Cheers!!!

Terence

purplepixie wrote:

in tamarin (at my house) we have sunday jam sessions and musicians are welcome to come and plug in and play :)  we have full sound so all you need to bring is your instrument/voice!
then once a month we have a featured band, this month on the 12th may, it is "fusional mind" with steve laridain.
if you would like to find out more, just send me a message or find our page/group on facebook: "Santosha Refuge" :)
xxxx

sir terence how are you? maybe we go together to tamarin to watch there jam play music..but i dont know the address in tamarin..they have an event this may 12 try to check below:

Saturday, May 12, 2012
3:00pm until 10:00pm
Tamarin Bay (House with blue roof)
Fusional Mind brings together the fragrant sounds of Reggae, Soul and encapsulates World Music in an exciting and dynamic way. These island boys bring credit to the Mauritius live music scene offering listeners a tasteful selection of cover music along with their own original songs. A ‘not to be missed performance,' Fusional Mind will be performing at Santosha Refuge on the 12 May. The performance includes other support acts and will start at around 3pm and continue through to about 10pm. Food and drinks will be available. Contact Starr on 7337412 or 483 7033 to book. Booking and paying in advance not only assures you of a place as tickets are limited, but also gives you a 25% discount. Tickets are available at the gate for R200, but all those who book and pay for their tickets in advance will only have to pay Rs150. Santosha Refuge is determined to promote Live Music, Performing and Fine Arts on the West Coast and appreciates your support.

mesasage me if you wanna go i will join you =)

Onyx

hi guys
the jam sessions on sunday afternoons are no charge - you just arrive and join in the fun!
you might want to bring your drinks or snacks, and perhaps a chair or picnic blanket :)  oh and of course your instruments!

for the once a month featured band there is a cover charge (Rs 150 if you buy ticket in advance/ Rs 200 if you buy at the gate) - proceeds go to the featured band/musician.

the house is real easy to find - if you head down the road towards the tamarin hotel, just before you get the billabong shop, take the last left turn...that road is where you will find us - we are the only house on that road and the house has a blue tin roof!  for more info or if lost you can call
jason: 736 2150 or starr: 7337 412 or our landline: 483 7033

music usually starts from around 3pm

hope to see you there!
xxxx

HiOnyx.

I will call you by 11th to Confirm.

Cheers
Terence

ok sir terence i will wait for your call,but my work will be finish on saturday at 5:30 pm maybe we could go at 6:00 pm if its okay..

onyx

If it does not rain on Saturday evening, will definately be there by 8 pm.

Cheers!!!
Terence

Hi! i'm getting married to an Irish man in Mauritius on 14/09, would love to have some live Irish music...can anyone help please?

That sounds really fun!
Does anyone know of a regular get together in the north?
I don't play an instrument but I can sing and dance!

hi!christel try to explore the west coast in tamarin,you can meet international community there most of them are artist,there are guys from north has been there to enjoy the music jam and dance and sing you dont need to play the instrument you just sit down and unwind and dance with the music..:) cheers!!

I agree with Onyx, I have been there Thrice . The best platform for Musicians to meet up and showcase their talents. Also made some excellent friends.

Cheers!!!
Terence

Hi DayMeeYen,

I live in Floreal and I'm looking for someone to sing & play some Irish songs/music for a party next month to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.  Can you help or do you know someone who can?  My mobile number is 917 5891.  Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Mordauntp

Hello there,
I like to help amateurs artists in recording their songs.  I have a very modest home recording studio and I'm equipped with mics, keyboards, preamp...

In fact, I've helped jungleonyx in starting recording one of his song, however I've been a bit busy with some personal projects so I can't get too much involved in the music arrangements, song structuring, defining melody and such. 

I would love to help anyone out there for the recording and mixing their songs, but first they must figure out completely: their song structure, arrangements, melodies etc...

You can listen to some of the demos I have performed, recorded and mixed home here: http://soundcloud.com/myelinoperation

It's not professional material and it's all done in my home studio.

bolenti

yeah so true,thanks man when we will record my songs again??just
pm me or message me if you have the time :D the ouhlala is not yet finish yet when can we finish it? =)

Cheers man!! =)

Jungle onyx

@jungleonyx, I'm OK to record & mix anything else you'll like to add on what you have now.  But please you need to have a clear idea of what arrangements you would want and be are able to perform it (yourself or other musician).

Sorry, I'm quite busy with some personal work to get involved in any kind creation/composing stage.  I'm just offering help as sound technician here to record and mix your song, no other interventions.

Get back to me whenever you're ready.
bolenti

ok.cool man =)

Hi Mordauntp...

Sorry, I'd love to help but unfortunately I'm already booked up for it and am assisting with the organisation of a Paddy's day celebration in Black River as well.

If you've still not had any luck by next month, I've got a sizeable collection of Irish folk music that could easily be transferred to a memory stick.

Best of luck...

Damien