Need help to get the up-to-date infos on the cost living in Abu Dhabi

Hello All,

First of all, I would like to thanks you very much for your kind advises and infos that you share on this forum. It is very helpful.

Ifound some old infos about the cost livving in Abu dhabi or discussions for cost living for families but I found very rare infos regarding the cost living for singles.

I get a job offer from an american company based in AD, the contract will be local and not expat. I still didnt receive the commercial offer so I have no idea yet on the salary .

This why I need to collect all the useful infos in order to well negociate my contract.

I need to have an idea on the following for a single person:
1-Salary: What is the minimum salary to live in good conditions and save money
2-House allowance and rental cost for 1bedroom in downtowen or in the nice place for young people
3-water, elec, internet, phone,..? how much it will cost per month?
4-Furniture: How much it will cost to buy the furniture, TV, cooker, fridge,...? an average?
5-Transport?
6-Food for 1persone

What are the things that could be negociated with the company before moving? Salary, house allowance, transport allowance, phone, Fly ticket, health insuarnce. Did I forget something else?

PS:
I am IT engineer+Master degree in business+4years work experience in France.

Many thanks for your help and waiting for your comments and feedback,

Brgds,
Lolita

Hi ...

That is good news >>>>

Hereunder some helpfull hints about living cost in Abu Dhabi for SINGLE PERSON:

There is no minimum salary but if you want to live a very decent live and you want to enjoy your live then you need aloooooot of money but first of all you can budget for that as follow :

- Brand new one bed room flat in Abu Dhabi downtown will not be less than AED 5,000 per month which is AED 60 K per year but you can find something cheaper with less quality.

- Parking fees you it will cost you AED 800 per year in the block where u live in case if u have a subscription and at work place you need to pay AED 15 PER DAY if ur employeer does not provide parking so might it cost you AED 500 per month.

- Gaz, Water and Eelecricity max AED 150 per month SINCE U R SINGLE.

- Internet CALED E-LIFE minim AED 250 per month.

- Phone ... It depend on you > if you make alot of international calls then it can rech thousabnds but you can pay only for local calls and use SKYPE for intenration calls which is free.

- Furniture: How much it will cost to buy the furniture, TV, cooker, fridge,...? an average? This is all based on quality and brnad ...... BUT CONSIDERING AN Avergae qulity u need sofa AED 6,000, bed AED 3,000 - TV AED 3,000 - Frig AED 1,500 - Wash Machine AED 1,500 - Cooker AED 1,500 ...In general you need to budge for almost AED 30,000 to have a fully furnished flat.

- Transport : There is a free publib bus transport but do not recommend to use it and you can use taxi IT IS CHEAP IN aBU dHABI compared with Dubai ...but need to budget for AED 30 per day so AED 900 per month BUT AGAIN dpend where is ur work / home location and to avoide traffic, parking fees, and transport try to find accomodation near close to your work.

- Food  : No worries will be free as you are invited to have lunch and dinner with me ..I WILL PAY  OR I WILL COOK FOR U >>>> It all depend on you...if u like to eat outside it will be very costly there are good resturant but very expensive and there are fast food you can say little cheap but not with good quality ...

In general you can spend AED 2,000 per month if u will cook at home and do ur own food...

So if your salary will be at least AED 20,000 per month for single person it will be good ... which will enable you to save some money ...

Plus make sure to have a return tciket on yearly basis, private medical insurance, leave days usualy 30 days

Wish u a great lucky and if u need help let me know

Many thanks for your feedback. This is very useful to have an idea on the living cost in AD.

Any comments and advises are welcome.

Cheers,

hi

6000 AED

2-House allowance and rental cost for 1bedroom in downtowen or in the nice place for young people

1500 For sharing room with other person (each one will pay 1500) including water , elec. gas . and sometimes internet.

3-water, elec, internet, phone,..? how much it will cost per month?

phone 100 each week is good

4-Furniture: How much it will cost to buy the furniture, TV, cooker, fridge,...? an average?

its included if took shared room (if u took studio this another story and it will cost alot).

5-Transport?
if u dont have your own car it will cost 30 to 50 every day if u r living neer your work. at least 20 every day if u r too close

6-Food for 1persone

30 to 50 every day is very good if u r not cooking
if u r cooking 10 to 20 every day

Thanks Basem for all these details, it is very appreciated

u r welcom

i agree with mr.lonellyme reply but 60,000 for one bed room flat in the middle of abu dhabi but u can find cheaper in other places around abu dhabi for 40,000
Studios r cheeper also for 35,000 in the middle of abu dhabi and 20,000 around abu dhabi
one room monthly for 3000 in the middle of abu dhabi
1500 monthly for shared room as i told u

for furniture 30,000 for high and expensive but u can buy it with 15000 for one bed room flat as follow :
5000 for bed set from "home center"
5000 for sofa set from "home center"
5000 for good electronics "tv, fridge , washer machine , oven" LG brand

if u will take room only or shared room no need to buy furniture.
food is very cheep in UAE in general and it will cost u 50 daily for each lunch at good restaurants.

as i told 6000 is the minimum for living normal only without savings.

Hello everyone,

I would appreciate if some one could provide me a little guidance here with regard to expenses in Abu Dhabi.

I have been offered a salary of AED 8,000. Company does not provide other benefits like accommodation etc. I need to know whether this salary is going to be sufficient for me and can I save something out of it at the end of the month?

I am a single, what would be the cost of a single furnished room there. Not a luxury apartment and  just a reasonable one.

I can only make breakfast for myself, what would be the cost of food and all (Indian / Pakistani Cuisine)

What is the local transport options, how much they cost.

How does bear / wine and cinema cost if I want some entertainment occasionally.

What would be the cost of utilities like electricity, water, gas and internet.

Any other expense should I count in?

Looking forward to have some advise on this please.

Kind regards.

Umair