Compound costs

Hi to all expats,

I will be moving to Riyadh in the near future and I am browsing the Internet in search of a compound. I would like to know how much does it cost for a single bedroom apartment.
What other choice do I have for accommodation?

Many thanks

Depends on how much you have to spend and where you want to be located.  Do be aware that many compounds have waiting lists of expats hoping to get accommodations.

I am thinking on spending no more than 80k Sar/year on an apartment.
I would also prefer to stay somewhere near the downtown Riyadh.
Is it easy to find an apartment outside a compound and how is living in such an apartment?
Are there many expats living outside compounds?
I also like to point that i received an letter from Kingdom City where they said they had a 20 month waiting list!!!!
So I am considering an apartment outside a compound.

Please Advise.

It is easier to find places outside of compounds, plus you can get a much bigger, nicer place for 80k then what you could in a compound. Places like Kingdom are harder to get on as they have a lot of facilities and activities they are very popular.

Eighty thousand SAR will get you a nice flat/apartment.  Wait until you arrive to your job in Riyadh, where you'll get practical advice on available, non-compound accommodation from your colleagues.

Regards .. You can find one-room apartment fully furnished in compound Madareem price of 65000SR and in Alwaha compound 78000 SR

hello,

i am in the final stages of contract negotiation and want to know how much a 2 BR appartment will cost me in a decent compound with good community? i was thinking 70K/year and a if possible to provide mwith list for compunds in this range to check them out.

Cheers,
Ahmed

Mr. Ahmed . you can find in such a compound and I was able to help you but I am now in the Philippines and I will come back on July 17

Thanks alot for ur reply. I am looking for a compound on the same levels as sharbatly village in Jeddah also  it would be better if the community is mostly Arabs (Lebanese & Egyptians)
so could u suggest some compounds names for me to check them on line
cheers,
Ahmed

There's a fairly comprehensive list of compounds, with phone numbers and some with prices, listed in the GUIDE (under 'Housing,' of course).

Good luck.

[Moderated]

Hi All,

It is all depened upon your money and living style. Compunds are charging to much, and they have rush waiting list. Expat prefer to live in compound because of open and mix environment.

If you are looking outside compund then you must know your office location and If you are comming with your family then must consider children schools, in my opinion, your residence should be near to school and office (this is ideal) but if you have a choice to maintain to keep office nearby or school, i prefer your residence should be near to your children school.

Anyway, welcome to Riyadh and if you need any advise (other than compund, I am not living in compound) shoot your message.

Thanks,
Kamran

thanks all for your reply i managed to obtain prices for several compounds :)) but the problem now is with the lonnnnngggg waiting list

ahmedkhattab21 wrote:

thanks all for your reply i managed to obtain prices for several compounds :)) but the problem now is with the lonnnnngggg waiting list

You have to be on the ground here--can't do anything in advance.  When you show up in person, cash in had, sometimes you get lucky and can get in fairly quickly.

uys i think i missed a very important peice of info .. i will be reolcating to Jeddah :D

ahmedkhattab21 wrote:

uys i think i missed a very important peice of info .. i will be reolcating to Jeddah :D

I realized that... but the situation is the same everywhere.