Obtaining permanent residence

It is not clear from the text of the regulation whether you can authorize your wife to do so instead of you. So you better ask at your OVIR or where you are supposed to recieve it.

My suggestion is go to a Ukrainian lawyer instead of trying to get legal advice for important matters on here. There is also a Ukrainian government agency that deals with this. Why not just walk in there with a translator and ask them. They will tell exactly what you have to do. Then you will have no more confusion on the matter.

keith841 wrote:

My suggestion is go to a Ukrainian lawyer instead of trying to get legal advice for important matters on here.

Consulting with a lawyer is always a good choice yet not many apply it.

keith841 wrote:

There is also a Ukrainian government agency that deals with this. Why not just walk in there with a translator and ask them. They will tell exactly what you have to do. Then you will have no more confusion on the matter.

This is how it should be but it does not always help. The best way is to combine all possible options together:)

True and good advice sir!

Hello everyone how r u guys??? Can anyone help to get to ukraine n get the permanent residency in ukraine.i m planning to come on student visa.can anyone tell me that during student visa i allowed to work in ukraine or not.if yes then how many hours n is ukraine is costly or what????
N also once i finished my study what is the procedure to get permanent residency without leaving ukraine

Gauravkakkar wrote:

Hello everyone how r u guys??? Can anyone help to get to ukraine n get the permanent residency in ukraine.i m planning to come on student visa.can anyone tell me that during student visa i allowed to work in ukraine or not.if yes then how many hours n is ukraine is costly or what????
N also once i finished my study what is the procedure to get permanent residency without leaving ukraine

Student visa does not qualify for permanent residency.

I know student visa doesn't qualify for permanent residency.i want to know that after completing the studies what is the best way to stay in ukraine n get the permanent residence
N one more thing is that i allowed to work in ukraine during student visa.if yes then how many hours a week

Gauravkakkar wrote:

I know student visa doesn't qualify for permanent residency.i want to know that after completing the studies what is the best way to stay in ukraine n get the permanent residence
N one more thing is that i allowed to work in ukraine during student visa.if yes then how many hours a week

Your only way would be to get married

You cannot work while you are a student. Once you graduate, the one sure way to obtain residency is to get married. To work here is another issue. Once you are married, you cannot work the first 2 years. After that, you can only work here if you have a skill that a Ukrainian does not have. You could apply with a foreign company, but that may be a problem since you would be a resident. With the Ukrainian companies, you would have to speak Ukrainian and Russian.

spdmon wrote:

You cannot work while you are a student. Once you graduate, the one sure way to obtain residency is to get married. To work here is another issue. Once you are married, you cannot work the first 2 years.

It is not absolutely correct. A student visa and a working visa in Ukraine are the one and the same type of visa D. Thus it is possible to work in Ukraine being a foreign student, however, it requires to obtain the working permit anyway.
The same is true for the case when a person is married. He/she can legally work in Ukraine if they got the working permit.

spdmon wrote:

After that, you can only work here if you have a skill that a Ukrainian does not have.

The statement "After that, you can only work here if you have a skill that a Ukrainian does not have." is tricky. Its correctness depends on how you understand it. The way it should be understood is that hiring a foreigner must be REASONABLE. Lets take a simple example - an English teacher. Of course there are Ukrainians who a fluent in English and are certified. But this is REASONABLE to hire a native speaker. An employer has to prove reasonableness every time it wants to hire a foreigner.

spdmon wrote:

You could apply with a foreign company, but that may be a problem since you would be a resident.

Spdmon, do you say that foreign companies do not want to hire Ukrainian residents or there is a legal hindrance for doing this?

I was speaking in general terms, you are bringing up exceptions and issues which would pertain to then specific case, circumstances, nationality. You must be an attorney ... lol!

spdmon wrote:

You must be an attorney ... lol!

This is a correct assumption:)

No ... I a work in export ... Bye

I think i have to cancel to come to ukraine bcoz if we r not qualified n if we cant work in ukraine during student visa then how i will manage to pay my fees n living expenses.its totally useless to come to ukraine.

Gauravkakkar wrote:

I think i have to cancel to come to ukraine bcoz if we r not qualified n if we cant work in ukraine during student visa then how i will manage to pay my fees n living expenses.its totally useless to come to ukraine.

Most countries now (but not all) do not allow students to work. Their rationale behind this is that you should have the financial means to pay your costs (tuition, accommodation, etc.), otherwise they don't need you to come in and pose further burden to the country's economy

Alright bro i understand but u know wat i think if ukrainian gov.dont allow to work students during studies then soon u will see no one will come to ukraine on student visa.these rules r rubbish rules.no work n no permanent residency after studies.total waste of money.i m sure its useless to come to ukraine

Gauravkakkar wrote:

Alright bro i understand but u know wat i think if ukrainian gov.dont allow to work students during studies then soon u will see no one will come to ukraine on student visa.these rules r rubbish rules.no work n no permanent residency after studies.total waste of money.i m sure its useless to come to ukraine

If you look up a few post above and read my first post as of today then you will see that the gov does allow foreign students to work.

However, imho, it will be very hard for you to find a legal job here.

Gauravkakkar wrote:

My dear ..... every country has to protect its interest. They only want students who can afford to come and spend money, not to come and make money ......

They are not rubbish ... The country is suffering from unemployment and has to give priority and best interest to its citizens.

Also permanent residency is a privilege, not a right

Might be useless to you to go there, but not to everyone

You will see soon bro no one will go to ukraine to do studies unless they start giving the permission to work.the gov.is not thinking in the right way.if they start this then ukraine will be very popular n the business will be increase day by day n there will be no unemployment bcoz i know those who will come frm india once they get the pr then they will open the business n then they can hire people n if the business increases n popular then slowly by slowly unemployment will be finish frm the country.
Just read the history of australia what aus was before n wat position is at australia now bcoz they allowed to work business n permanent residency.
The ukrainian gov.has to think abt this n then the gov.will see the changes with in 5 years ukraine will be popular n everyone will be working.they just need to make some changes.its better 4 everyone

Gauravkakkar wrote:

You will see soon bro no one will go to ukraine to do studies unless they start giving the permission to work.the gov.is not thinking in the right way.if they start this then ukraine will be very popular n the business will be increase day by day n there will be no unemployment bcoz i know those who will come frm india once they get the pr then they will open the business n then they can hire people n if the business increases n popular then slowly by slowly unemployment will be finish frm the country.
Just read the history of australia what aus was before n wat position is at australia now bcoz they allowed to work business n permanent residency.
The ukrainian gov.has to think abt this n then the gov.will see the changes with in 5 years ukraine will be popular n everyone will be working.they just need to make some changes.its better 4 everyone

I disagree with you.

People will continue to go there because not everyone wants to work to pay their tuition !

If they let people in, it won't be popular for business because most of those students will come in to work and make money

If you have enough funds to start a business, you can get an investor visa

However I fail to see how you can start a business when you say you need to work to pay for your education. Your words are contradictory

Allowing students to work and stay will increase unemployment as there are millions of unemployed Ukrainians already ..... Allowing foreign workers would be stupid

Australia is a different story as it did not have enough people and needed immigrants to work, build the country and populate it ! Australia is not and was not as modern-day Ukraine.

Gauravkakkar wrote: It's useless to come to Ukraine. I spent over two months in Ukraine and I'm going back. I love Ukraine and the people. I will find my future wife from Ukraine and seek residence. It's not worthless. It's my future.

Thanks gaurav n i agree with u n i will follow ur advise

Gauravkakkar wrote:

Thanks gaurav n i agree with u n i will follow ur advise

are you talking to yourself :D:D:D ?

No m not talking to myself some one also send the msg to me whose name is gaurav alright.hey egyprian if u know any other way for me to settle down in ukraine then tell me.i love ukraine n i wanna spend my life in ukraine.i dont wanna study in ukraine.m ready to marry permanently n settle in ukraine tell me if u know the way to settle in ukraine

Gauravkakkar wrote:

No m not talking to myself some one also send the msg to me whose name is gaurav alright.hey egyprian if u know any other way for me to settle down in ukraine then tell me.i love ukraine n i wanna spend my life in ukraine.i dont wanna study in ukraine.m ready to marry permanently n settle in ukraine tell me if u know the way to settle in ukraine

I do not see any other Gauarav's in the post. Anyways, get your student visa, travel there, and see where luck leads you :)

Alright n thanx 4 ur suggestion

Yes and I truly wish the United States would do the same thing.

I have an American friend living in Ukraine with his fiance. they will get married this summer. He only has US passport and nothing else. He just makes "border runs" every 90 days to Poland,Moldova or Germany, then comes right back in. He says this is all you need to do and your good for another 90 days. My understanding was that you actually have to stay out of Ukraine for a full 90 days before you can re enter. Does anyone know which way is the correct LEGAL way? I'm going to Ukraine this year and might be there 4 or 5 months and dont want a problem if the border run thing isn't right.

I am married to a Ukrainian gal and I legally reside in the country. My business takes me around the continent and occasionally back to the States. I would have to question your friend's statement as the law has changed some time ago and you are correct. Up to you as to how to play it. For me, I follow the rules and that has worked out quite well over the past 10 years.

keith841 wrote:

I have an American friend living in Ukraine with his fiance. they will get married this summer. He only has US passport and nothing else. He just makes "border runs" every 90 days to Poland,Moldova or Germany, then comes right back in. He says this is all you need to do and your good for another 90 days. My understanding was that you actually have to stay out of Ukraine for a full 90 days before you can re enter. Does anyone know which way is the correct LEGAL way? I'm going to Ukraine this year and might be there 4 or 5 months and dont want a problem if the border run thing isn't right.

Guys, why not you start a new thread. This thread is now about everything except of permanent residence.

As to your guestion:
The law says a foreigner from the countries with the visa free regime in Ukraine can stay in Ukraine (come and leave as many times as he wills) for 90 days WITHIN 180 days.

What you friend does is not according to the law. The reason why he can do this is that a special database does not work properly, or not all border check points have it or border guards are stupid or everything together. FYI there are cases when foreigners doing this were fined and banned entering Ukraine.

Spdmon got the permanent residency certidicate or at least the termporary residency certificate for now. Both certificates allows to be in Ukraine whenever the holder wishes and they are issed based on the visa D.

Those whose 90 days are coming can apply for prolongation of their stay in Ukraine due to some defined and reasonable reasons.

If someone wants to read in the English language the respective legislatoin about all visa, immigration and other similar things, you can send me a message and I'll provide you with the texts.

in support of GreyKyiv's argumemnt:

http://www.emirates.com/english/plan_bo … 70bc33d5df

The information source is not the airline (Emirates). It is the IATA, and Emirates is providing the service (usually paid for) for free

Visa Exemptions:
A max. stay of 90 days:
Additional Information:
A max. stay of 90 days is granted within any 180 days period to nationals of USA.

thanks! So I assume you got the resident visa now. For me, I can stay only 90 days and then out for 90 days. Is there a way to extend my stay legally with some kind of travel visa? What brand is your vodka by the way? Ive looked in tons of stores and never saw any Ukrainian vodka. I always look for it though!

You guys make things so difficult.

Talk to lawyers.  Go on the internet.  What does OVIR tell your girlfriend.  Etc.

Invest 200,000 euro in my company, and I will get you permanent status in Ukraine.

Legal.  Simple.  Quick.

ok, sure. who do I make the check out to?

keith841 wrote:

ok, sure. who do I make the check out to?

Write a check to cash ..... and mail it to me :D

The business.  Based out of Odessa, Ukraine.

Limited liability partnership.

Khortytsa and Nimiroff are the most famous brends of Ukrainian Vodka :)

Steewen wrote:

Khortytsa and Nimiroff are the most famous brends of Ukrainian Vodka :)

??!!