Family moving to panama

we are a family of five...my husband works overseas for an oil company and we are unsure of which type of visa to apply for...our plan is to live and rent there to familarize ourselves with the country before buying and i'm to understand that we can live there without a visa for 6 months...ive looked at david, boquete, volcan, colon, panama city, boca and gorgona...we would prefer the beach to the mountains...i think we'd like to be in a rural location close to some amenities like hospitals, clinics, grocery stores and shopping...any suggestions would be appreciated...many thanks.

Hello gabby1971 and welcome to Expat.com!

Do not hesitate to browse through the forum.;)

Harmonie.

I would say gorgona would be your best bet. It is fairly remote, but is quickly becoming an expat hot spot. If seclusion is what you want, Panama City is out of the question. Although beautiful in its own way, it is very crowded.
To answer your question on your other post about renting.....I would definitely secure a place before you come out. That way you know that you will at least have a roof over your head;). You might want to try looking on www.encuentra24.com. You can find all sorts of things on that site....rentals, cars, jobs, furniture, etc.

Best of luck to you and your family~

i would go for gorgona or coronado the two are 15 mints away, the only difference is coronado is a bit more pricey because its in a gated community. They have the same beach and you could find great deals in either one. They have just recently built two new plazas in coronado with just about anything you could need.