American newbie in Paris

Salut everyone! I'm from Los Angeles, California and recently moved to Paris. As with a lot of people who have moved here, I moved for love. A bit of a cliché but true. I absolutely love French culture and the food is freakin' amazing! Despite living my entire life in Los Angeles, I find myself feeling more at home in France. I love the focus on friendship, family, enjoying life and food. Of course, it's not always easy adapting to a new culture and particularly a culture where you're still trying to learn the language. I've also had the added benefit of being "initiated" to Parisian culture by being mugged in the metro, having a man masturbate next to me and my boyfriend on the subway, being hit by a car, and having our scooter lit on fire! Ahhhhh Paris! It's a very interesting place indeed. But I digress... I'm looking to meet new people in Paris and also to get information from anyone who is living or is considering living in Indonesia or Thailand. My boyfriend and I are looking to open a guest house in one of these areas and are beginning to do some research so any ideas or thoughts are appreciated. Well, that's enough rambling for now. Thanks for reading. And if you care to read more check out my blog at parisdaisygirl.canalblog.com. Ciao!

Hi parisdaisygirl!

I moved your message to the Paris forum for a better visibility.

For info concerning Indonesia and Thailand, i advise you to browse through the Indonesia forum and the Thailand forum and ask your questions!

All the best,

Francesca

Yes, I already started to check the Indonesia forum and got some good information. Thanks for your help!

welcome to paris :D

Merci! How are you enjoying Paris? Have you learned the language yet?

parisdaisygirl wrote:

Merci! How are you enjoying Paris? Have you learned the language yet?

I love Paris ;), i'm half algerian and half french so i speak french fluently and english too lol

Lucky you to speak French and English! French is not an easy language but I'm trying. Hopefully in 5 more years I'll be fluent. Ha!

Welcome to Paris!

I must say, your experience sounds far worse than most (though to be honest, I've only been living here since January, but I've had no incidents).

Hi. I'm looking for english native speaker to improve my english speaking. I spent 10 months in the UK in 2010 and I don't want to loose it...i'm living in Paris and I would be pleased to show you some nice places to share a coffe/drink/lunch/diner or some lovely walks/museums/gardens if you agree to speak in english with me :-)

So I'm looking forward to hearing from you !!

Myriam

It's true I have had some very bizarre experiences in only a short period of time in Paris! I lived in Los Angeles for close to 35 years and never had these things happen to me. Even more, my boyfriend has lived in Paris for 11 years and him neither. I guess it's just my own special luck!

Very nice blog and welcome to Paris