Short hairstyle for women

hi, I am female and new to this forum.  I am considering on working as a nurse in Libya (preferably Tripoli).  I would just want to know if short hairstyle for women is allowed in this place.  I am sporting a bob hairdo, like boy's haircut, that is because in my country (Philippines) the weather is very humid and it is a year-round summer in this part of the globe.

thanks everyone!

Hello uuuyyh and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Harmonie.

Hi uuuyyh,

First Of all welcome on board and regaridng short hair it is ok but it is better for you to cover you hair to avoid falte or guys bother you but if you like to keep ur hair without cover it is ok dont worry.

for any further assistnce dont hesitat to contact.
Regards

To Harmonie and HIlton:

Thank you so much for replying on my post.  I am really worried cause since I am considering on working in Tripoli, I have been doing some research about it over the net, and I have read that the people mostly discrimate short-haired women, as they dislike gays and lesbians.  I am worried that I might be mistaken as such too.  I would like to grow my hair long but then I feel that it actually occupies my time to manage it daily as I am always on the go, and I would like a fuzz-free routine daily.  Also, I have read a blog that says, the local banks does not permit the withdrawal of funds more than 1500-2000 Libyan Dinar? I hope you could also enlighten me on how bank withdrawals and use of funds work there? the reason for my inquiry is that, from time to time I would need funds to send to my family back home, and also for my personal or emergency use incase I'd be moving to Tripoli.
Thank you again, I really appreciate your help.

Guys,please dont get me wrong.. No offense to gays and lesbians... I like you guys a lot, have lots of friends with these preference and I adore them so much...

Hi
I left Tripoli last year and I have very short hair, and never had any problems. Most of my expat friends had short hair too and it was never an issue. Im sure things hasnt change that much.

Hi uuuyyh,

Regarding your short hair it is not important issue to worry about because some Libyan women have short hair and they don't cover their hair so don't worry about it and regarding Gays and lesbians not common but it is there are like many countries but my advise if you are look sexy so you have to hide and not show your tools because it will be fall you in trouble and regarding transfer now western union and money gram open and you can transfer monthly 1000 dollar and you can use copy of passport anyone of your friends and you can use it to make transfer under his name .

For any further assistance  don't hesitate to contact me

Regards

look at the libyan minister of health she has a very shot hair do not worry about this in libya
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatima_Hamroush

Dear uuuyyh,
Please relax and enjoy yourself in the new free Libya, all the best. Check out the beaches they are beautiful, and the Roman ruins.

guys, thank you all for your replies... i am certainly looking forward to starting a new life in libya.

uuuyyh wrote:

guys, thank you all for your replies... i am certainly looking forward to starting a new life in libya[link moderated]

I hope you will be happier in your new life.

Things here became soo much stable, I don't know if you are in Libya or not at the moments but Europeans and America's expats started to come. So no worries about your hair.