In hopes of relocating to the DR

I am a single mom wanting to relocate to a more tropical and laid back country.  I am a Massage Therapist and Reiki II practitioner.  I have done some research and the DR seems to be the country that would be easiest for me to work and relocate to. I know that it will not be simple but is it possible?
Thanks in advance.

Hi kwaltersx3

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for this introduction.

I wish you all the best in your project.
Christine

Wages are very low here and it may be very hard for for you to support yourself and kids as a threapist.
What are the ages of your kids that will be with you and what part of the country are you looking at?

Bob K

I am looking anywhere between Puerto Plata and La Romana.  My girls are 14 & 11.  I thought that I might be able to find work in the touristy areas.  I am looking to find a way to do some online work as well to help supplement.

What about school for the kids? Private schools are not everywhere and can be expensive.
Most of the "touristy" areas already have lots of therapists tring to make a living. Competition will be great.

Bob K

I plan on homeschooling and supplementing with some schooling there.  What areas would you suggest that might fit for what I am looking for?  And thank you for your help!

Try landing a job at SECRETS RESORTS & SPAS in Capcana.  They pay ridiculously well.
Cheers

The Punta Cana area will probably be your best bet as far as making a living. But not much of an expat community or anything else except tourists. To my  feeling not a "real DR life" experience there and it is a far distance from any major city. You will not experience the real DR there.
If you could afford it maybe come visit the country for a month or so and explore different areas.

Bob K