Abu Dhabi Aug 2012

Hi there!
My husband, son (7) and I are off to Abu Dhabi in the summer. I have a place on The Licensed Teacher Program. I have read lot's on The TES website but there isn't an awful lot from people who have done it with their families. I would love to chat to anyone going in August or already out there????
After 16 years of teaching in England this will be our first venture abroad... excited but nervous too obviously.
Look forward to hearing from anyone????
Sarah (canterbury, Kent, England)

Welcome to Expat.com jos4836!;)

Harmonie.

Hi Sarah!

I am heading out there in August too. I've been told by Teachanywhere that ADEC aim to have everyone out there by August 12th. This will be interesting for UK teachers as there's this tiny event called the Olympics that finishes on the 12th August and getting in and out of London during this period will be hellish!! Still, I guess they know what they're doing.

Hi Sarah,

My wife an I will be heading out to Abu Dhabi this August from Toronto, Canada. She's secured a positions at a GEMS school (Sheihk Zayed Private Academy), and interestingly enough, was educated in England @ University of Exeter.

Although they have yet to provide our flight info, I beleive we're expected to be out there 2 weeks priors to her statrt date.

I'm not sure what position your husband is in, but I've found it fairly difficult to secure a position while being located within another country. I beleive it may vary depending on your location, although I've found that living in Canada while applying to positions is next to impossible... Despite my years of experience, everyone informs me I must be located within the UAE to interview. I do hope it's going better for you guys!

Anyway, do you have any idea where you guys will be living? I've been advised to ensure that you try and arrange your arrival after Ramadan ends..

Just think, come 3 months we'll all be enjoying our time in a tropical climate, as opposed to sheltering ourselves from the rain with umbrella's! :) Can't wait!

Hello! Ill be moving out to Abu Dhabi in the beginning of August (Still waiting on a tickets:). I also will be working at a GEMS school (But not the same one listed). Looking forward to hearing about people's experiences once out there!