Visa Extensions - Nha Trang & Khanh Hoa Province

So many stories of how to acquire a visa extension thru-out VN and how local jurisdictions handle them. I can see how an extension may be gotten in Nha Trang at least if you live in Nha Trang. How about if you live in Cam Ranh 35 mi south of Nha Trang? Will a travel agency in Nha Trang be able to acquire a visa extension for a person living outside of the city but living in Khanh Hoa Province? What is the cost of a 90 day extension there.

Hi Dongbathin,

I have not been to Cam Ranh nor Khanh Hoa, so I don't know much about them.  But, unless they are major cities with their own Immigration Offices (Phong Xuat Nhap Canh), you must travel to the nearest major city to get all your visa things done.

As for your second question, it depends on how big that travel agency is.  Size determines the staff's abilities, or their connections, if you will.  If they are connected and know what they are doing, yes, they can get you your extension, without you ever having to leave the comfort of your own place.  But, if they are not, then you will be much better off getting one of the locals to sponsor you and go through the process yourself.

The process requires that you obtain an extension package from the Immigration Office.  I think they have it online now; but if you are going to do it yourself or are thinking about staying longer than the usual 3 months, I highly suggest that you go down to your local Immigration Office and get some face time with the officers there.  If you or your sponsor happens to know or can get to know anyone of them, the whole thing and all that follows will be cake walks.

Anyhow, you will then have to take those papers back to the ward, where you live, and get the ward police to them sign off.  This is technically free; but a pack of cigarettes will make things go a lot smoother, this time and all times that follow. 

Afterward, you will have to take the signed package back to the Immigration Office.  A completed application will take about 3 days to a week, depending on your office's proximity to HCMC, to get processed. 

The official cost...  I am not too sure; I haven't had to pay for one in a couple of years.  But, it should not be more than a few hundred thousand VNDs.  But, if you want it quicker or there are problems with your sponsor, then it will cost more; you will have do make "contributions"... :idontagree:  You know what I mean, right? 

The best sponsor to have in Vietnam is one of your local immigration officers.  I hope this help and others can give you the current price.

Howie

It also works for 35 km outside the city, as long the province is the same.

Prices will vary on demand of tea moneys, as well as rents and other costs.
Commonly, you will get various discounts if using multiple services and or repeats.
Pickups/collection, meetings can be arranged.
A passport delivery to Camh Ranh, I would suggest, there is at least a tip on top of the charges due.

If the price for a visa extension is to high, I would possible re-consider retirement in on of the most expansive places in Vietnam.

As to Camh Ranh, it's just a place like many others (a hole actually), nothing there, but with the huge disadvantage of NT's costs.

I don't know exactly where in Vietnam you are now, but you can easy to get visa online via travel agent as luckyvietnamvisa.com

Cacanh,

Dongbathin is talking about visa extension, not visa itself; and that can only be done at his local Vietnameses Immigration Office and Ward Police Station.

Wild_1 wrote:

Hi Dongbathin,

I have not been to Cam Ranh nor Khanh Hoa, so I don't know much about them.  But, unless they are major cities with their own Immigration Offices (Phong Xuat Nhap Canh), you must travel to the nearest major city to get all your visa things done.
Howie

You have not really missed out.
As for Camh Ranh - all administrative and medical services are done in NT.

l3ully wrote:

As for Camh Ranh - all administrative and medical services are done in NT.

Thanks, l3ully.  There you have it, Dongbathin, straight from someone who is there.

Good luck,
Howie

I expect I can get a visa extension of 90 days each thru a travel agency in NTrang. I hope to spend 6-9 months in Khanh Hoa with my wife's sister acting as sponsor since we would live at her house. Is there a good travel agency in NTrang that will handle paperwork? We would be able to travel to NTrang each time of course since Cam Ranh isnt that far away

Vern

dongbathin wrote:

I expect I can get a visa extension of 90 days each thru a travel agency in NTrang. I hope to spend 6-9 months in Khanh Hoa with my wife's sister acting as sponsor since we would live at her house. Is there a good travel agency in NTrang that will handle paperwork? We would be able to travel to NTrang each time of course since Cam Ranh isnt that far away

Vern

Check PM, it's better anyway to arrive already with VISA exemption (do not mix up visa and Visa EXCEMPTION). Very different pairs of shoes and prices AND CONDITIONS.

Vern,

l3ully is right.  If you qualify, you should come with that Visa Exemption Certificate.  In '09, with a copy of my birth certificate, my US travel agent charged me $80; and it was good for multiple entries, for 5 years.  Don't come with that 3 month tourist visa.  Business visa is even more expensive...

Extending your stay beyond 3 months is much easier and cheaper with the VEC.

Are you speaking of the Visa Exemption re: spouse of a Viet national? My wife wont qualify right now is she is a Viet Khieu (overseas Viet) in the USA. With such I believe it gives me a 5 yr residency permit if that is what I think it is

Vern

13ully  (Olaf)
Thanks for the info but I didnt understand what you meant by "Check PM...)

Vern

Wild_1
        R U female? No disrespect only a bit in awe if you are and in Can Tho. running a cosmetic shop is a bit different but if it moves for you, great. How did U choose Can Tho? A few mosquitoes too?

Vern

Vern,

No, I am a male, man.  I chose Can Tho because I was borned here and have family ties here.  Furthermore, having grown up in southern California, I never liked the urban setting.

The cosmetic business was my younger sister's big idea.  I am more of a garment and car type of guy.

Anyhow, what did you mean by this:  Is she a Viet Kieu or not?

My wife wont qualify right now is she is a Viet Khieu (overseas Viet) in the USA

Wild_1,  my wife indeed is a Viet Kieu (overseas vietnamese) which doesnt make her a VN citizen, anyway she came to USA in 1972. If she was citizen of VN living in Cam Ranh then I could apply for a 5 yr residency permit otherwise we have traveled to VN as tourist so we get a short visa each time we go to see her family.
You cleared up my impression of you being a woman (Gai). I thought you aare female because of the business you are in  cosmetics. Not many man are involved in that but I can understand how the business is doing for you. You were born in Can Tho so it is more easy for you with family there.
If we live in VN and wife gets VN citizenship then she does not need a visa and I can get visa exemption as husband I think.
We want to live in VN at least 6 or 9 months for retirement. We marry in the wartime in Khanh Hoa Province 1971.
My wife is now US citizen. We live in Washington state.
I do enjoy the living in Cam Ranh as it is not a big city and the rural country area there is beautiful with mountains and sea near by.

Vern,

I am quite sure that your wife was borned in Vietnam, like myself.  So, she should have or should be able to get a copy of her birth certificate, which will enable her to obtain that Visa Exemption Certificate like I did.  You can then tag along with her and get one yourself.

As for her Vietnamese citizenship, that process can be treacherous; therefore, I highly suggest that you guys go back to where she was borned, set up camp there, get her Vietnamese citizenship done there, then go on to where ever else you want. 

The process itself is not all that difficult.  But, she was borned prior to the collapse of South Vietnam, therefore, her documents are in the Democratic Republic of South Vietnam forms, which must me converted into the current forms, by the proper issueing authorities, prior to processing.

Anyways, staying in or near her place of birth will save you a lot of leg works and unnecessary expenses.

Howie

Hello Vern,

In that case, you are talking about VISA, in fact the ordinary Visa. They are 3 month and can be legally twice extended.
After that, you would have to leave Vietnam (legally), making it 9 month.

After leaving Vietnam, you can make a new Visa.
Due to different experiences of single people, many long term are getting reduced, if (re-)entering Vietnam via a bus( Cambodia..)

Yo u stated you need 9 month - so no problem, even by the books

Hi Dongbathin,

You can drop some line a bout the visa you need, we may can hepl you. Let us now the last day do you enter Vietnam and your current visa, where do you got that (i meaning which city )

you may send to: [email protected]

Thanks have a nice day

Hongha

dongbathin wrote:

13ully  (Olaf)
Thanks for the info but I didnt understand what you meant by "Check PM...)

Vern

PM = private message

You should see a notification, if and when you have

go to IT Bizz Consulting at 10 Nguyen Thien Thuat Street in Nha Trang. They handle all types of document services for foreigners and have done all my visas in the past.....

My wife and I are currently staying in Nha Trang. We are on year 1 of a 5 year extended visa from Canada.  Our current Visa stamp will expire around August 20, 2017.  Are we required to leave the country and re-enter to renew our stamp?  If not, what are our options?