Food Shopping

I will be moving to Madrid at the end of the Month and have visited several times however I can only find Lidl and other Super Markets to do food shopping.

Could anyone tell me where is the best place to do fresh food shopping in the centre of Madrid?
I'm looking for good fresh fruit, vegetables, meats and fish!

Any help would be appreciated!

So you're already here (in Madrid). Where have you found to do your shopping? Every neighborhood has its own markets and there you'd find the fresh fish, fruits & vegetables, meats & fish, and other food staples. However, there I wouldn't recommended buying things like canned foods, bathroom supplies, pastas, soft drinks or beer/wine.

Markets are great in Madrid and throughout Spain. Going to them requires a certain amount of bravery for the first timer, however. There, you have to interact with not only the people waiting in line but also with the stand attendant who's serving you. If your Spanish isn't good you could be lost with his/her questions about how much "X" you'd want, how you want "X" cut, or if you'd like this-or-that included with "X".

Apart from markets, most neighborhoods have individual stores for fish, meats, and fruits & vegetables.

How to find these places? Ask your neighbors. They surely know.

Saludos, MadridMan @ http://MadridMan.com!