Drivers license, No degree help!

I am uk license holder earning over 400kd but don't have a degree! What do I do as I need a car for my job?
Ps what is this Wasta I keep hearing about?

wasta is like, favoritism and nepotism, its who u know, not what u know.

cant u simply have ur UK licence converted into a Kuwaiti one? either ask at the embassy or check past threads here for the necessary steps; translations and notarisations etc.

Thank-you guys, appreciate that.
I was getting very worried! Fingers crossed it can be resolved with minimal amount of stress, ha! Arrive to Kuwait May 31st. SO excited!!

if memory serves u owe me a birthday gift (biscuits i believe :P), ive kept up my end of the bargain (turning 26 on Saturday) :P

YES legacy!! A truly British biscuit will accompany myself on the flight over!!
Hope you have a wonderful birthday....
All the best!!

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you had a great one! Are you back from KSA? How was it? Did you get to go on your runs? :)

legacy wrote:

if memory serves u owe me a birthday gift (biscuits i believe :P), ive kept up my end of the bargain (turning 26 on Saturday) :P

YES! i went on one,, at night,, in black clothing :P didnt risk wearing shorts tho JiC. there was a marathon in Jeddah! couldnt go due to work tho :/

then i did 26K yesterday, to mark the occasion of turning 26 :D on the Gulf, started off near the KNPC building, got all the way down to Friday's, then popped a U-turn and headed back towards my car.

Kayvictoria wrote:

I am uk license holder earning over 400kd but don't have a degree! What do I do as I need a car for my job?

Hi kay welcome

you could make kuwaiti driving license on basis of your british.
To complete this process you have to get copy of british license stamped by the British embassy kuwait that costs about KD 15 and then take this copy to kuwaiti foreign office foreign documents verification department which is situated near Red Crescent (Red Cross) building.They will stamp your copy of driving lisence For approx.KD 10 then apply for kuwaiti driving lisence with this copy.
I have done mine few years ago. If you need any further information please don't hesitate to contact me. By the way Iam from manchester too

Kayvictoria wrote:

You don't need any degree to get driving license as long as your sellery is about KD 250 or over

That's great, thanks alot for the advice!
Yes, salary is over that amount too.

Cannot wait to get over there now! 2 weeks today :D