Education for Kids/Job for partners

Friends I'm currently evaluating a job offer and i have two areas where i need some information to clear off my dilemma to shift.

Some BG: Job offer is in EDE, near Arnhem and is roughly 43K gross(Skilled Migrant Category). My Kid is 2+ now.

1. I was looking for international schools and found one at arnhem, but the problem is that i see it is way too expensive (4K euro annual). My prospective employer is suggesting me to admit my kid to a dutch school since it is completely free but i am confused. Have you come across such situation ? If you have kids   how have you managed with them for education ? any first hand information would be very much appreciated.

2. What i also understood is that Partners can work, my wife has completed her PG in Computers and has some previous work experience. But she has not been working for the last 3 years. Will it be easy to find a job for her ? If not the top notch atleast entry level IT ? any clarrification is welcome again.

Thanks in advance.

/Kamal

Hi Kamal,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

We are Spanish and American living in Leiden. We would have like to send our daughter to an international school but the fees are simply crazy and we can't afford the American or British school. Our daughter started going to a Peuterspeelzaal from 2 to 4, 4 days/week, so she could get the Dutch since we don't speak it at home. When she was 4, she started going to a Dutch school. The cost is only 60 euros a year, plus some extras. She didn't have any problem with the language although she was not as fluent as a native; my daughter is trilingual and very soon she caught up with the other kids. We thought that sending Margui to a Dutch school was the best for her so we are part of the community and not just some expats living in a bubble... She has many friends and loves her school... and so far, we are happy with this decision. Just make some research about DUcth schools; some of them have an international program and are bilingual.
I am sorry I can't help you with the job... My husband is the one working and I am a full time mom-wife...
Good luck!
Good luck!

Hi margaconde

Thanks for your valuable inputs.