Sports in Budapest

Hello,

I'm new to the forum so this is my first post.

I'll be moving to Budapest on the 17th of April and basically stay (except for a minor break in May) until the end of September. I'm wondering if there is any type of organized sports between expats or any expat friendly sports clubs? I'd quite like to have a good kick-about of football (soccer for those who come from America) on a weekly basis but I'd gladly try other team sports.

Also, if anyone can direct me towards a decent gym on the Buda side that would be great.

Thanks for any and all replies
Niklas

Hi Niklas,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope other members will be able to advise you.

All the best,
Christine

Hey there,

On my side, I play soccer in a expatriate team here in Budapest. We train once per week and games on the weekends. If you are interested, do not hesitate to send a small introductory email to the following address, mention that you got his address from me:

[email protected]

The guyŽs name is Stephane Grandsire (French but speaks good English), he is the president of the association and our coach as well. He will give you the details of the trainings and from there we will see how quickly you can play on the weekends!

Take care,

Mathieu ALLOO

Thank you very much Mathieu!

I've just sent an email so hopefully I'll be seeing you on the grassy pitches of Budapest within the next few weeks!

Cheers
Niklas

Hi NiklasJ

How did you get on with finding somewhere to play sport?

I'm coming over to Budapest at the end of the week for a month and if there was any opportunity to play a little football in between studying I would be quite interested.

Yorkshireman