Finding a safe neighbourhood

Hello,
My boyfriend and I are currently from British Columbia, Canada, and we are looking for a place in America to live together. We are very seriously considering Chicago as our destination. I've read on another thread that one can find a place in a safe neighbourhood to rent for about 550-600 dollars a month. I was just wondering what area of the city that might be?

Thanks for the help!

sydneykatherine wrote:

Hello,
My boyfriend and I are currently from British Columbia, Canada, and we are looking for a place in America to live together. We are very seriously considering Chicago as our destination. I've read on another thread that one can find a place in a safe neighbourhood to rent for about 550-600 dollars a month. I was just wondering what area of the city that might be?

Thanks for the help!

oh,I will very happy if I was your boyfriend,he is so lucky that having you,you live together before you married?
oh,my girlfriend said to me I must buy a house and a car before we married. and it is not allowed we live together before we married.

The best neighborhood are Wicker Park. Bucktown, Lincoln Park, Gold Cost (but more expensive). So basically North West, North of Chicago.